First Porkbutt! Questions re: Tappecue probes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

VexedMeats

Original poster
Apr 3, 2022
Wanted to share some results! (Admittedly did not take before photos, too exited) nothing unusual here with the cook, Jeff's rub 12 hrs before starting to smoke. Smoked in a Marshall which I'm still getting used to, temperatures fluxuated a bit at times (was aiming for 265 but 1-2 times I spike up to 285 when I left it unattended for a bit)

I use Tappacue probes, but the range on them is a bit awful, is there a better set-up or way to increase the range? I cant get them to connect to my phone unless I'm outside and pretty much on top of the smoker, not helpful for when I want to catch a game inside.

Final result:

Attachments

• FCEC5126-38A0-495A-BD75-6DE312D78565.jpeg
    FCEC5126-38A0-495A-BD75-6DE312D78565.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 5
Don't fret the temp swings. It normal. As for the probes. I have a set of inkbirds that work well. Admittedly I don't use them often, but when I want to sit my butt down in the living room during a longer smoke. I can still get a visual of how the smoker is doing in the backyard.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky