First Pork Butt On The Homemade Cabinet Smoker (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like that pit is treating you right! Pork looks fantastic.
Thank you Jeff and you're correct. That smoker is a dream to cook on and so easy to use. It's a shame that it took teo attempts to get it right but the end result was well worth the effort.
That pulled pork looks really good Robert. It also reminds me that I'm almost out of the pulled stuff.
Thanks Chris....but it sounds like you best get some going :emoji_wink: Can't be without PP.
After I asked about your smoker I can now see your title says “homemade.” I am in awe of your building skills.
Very much appreciate it Even. It just took time, patience, and some forethought but in the end, the smoker came out really well.

Robert

Well Robert, you've done it again my friend. That cabinet smoker you built is the real deal and I sometimes wish that I had opted for that style when I bought my TMG last year. Don't get me wrong, I love my pit, but the lid is heavy and after 3 shoulder surgeries, sometimes I struggle opening it. It's tough getting old.

Anyway, I too am out of pulled pork so I need to remedy that situation soon :emoji_wink:

Thanks so much. Yes, that smoker is working out amazingly well. Loving that thing.....
Is very clear that it burns TBS cause that nice rich color on the bark (like a toasted cinnamon color)....that speaks to me buddy!

Well Robert, you've done it again my friend. That cabinet smoker you built is the real deal and I sometimes wish that I had opted for that style when I bought my TMG last year. Don't get me wrong, I love my pit, but the lid is heavy and after 3 shoulder surgeries, sometimes I struggle opening it. It's tough getting old.

Anyway, I too am out of pulled pork so I need to remedy that situation soon
I truly appreciate the kind words my friend. One reason I had the doors split on the T-Pit is exactly as you noted. I've not had shoulder surgeries but I did manage to crush one collar bone many years ago falling off a roof. My smoker before the T-Pit had only one door and when I ordered the T-Pit a friend was interested in buying the old one....until he tried to open the door. That was a deal breaker so I can certainly understand where you're coming from.
Is very clear that it burns TBS cause that nice rich color on the bark (like a toasted cinnamon color)....that speaks to me buddy!
I'm definitely getting the TBS and as you stated, that's a good part of the coloring. Another thing I've noticed that enhances the bark is a higher temp cook. The bar just seems to form up better with more heat and I love that crunch mixed into the pork after it's pulled.

Robert

I'm definitely getting the TBS and as you stated, that's a good part of the coloring. Another thing I've noticed that enhances the bark is a higher temp cook. The bar just seems to form up better with more heat and I love that crunch mixed into the pork after it's pulled.

Robert
I hear ya, I think the only thing I smoke at 225 any more is boneless skinless chicken breasts...... I even do my prime ribs now at 235 vs 225. Just a better crust and still perfect throughout.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky