First Official CenTex Que & Brew August 9th-11th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Reactions: woodwindricky
"Anything y’all think of that we need let me know. Seems like main courses are well covered. I can try my hand at some Mac and cheese, or desserts. I’ve been cooking and baking a lot longer than I’ve been smoking"

Very much appreciate your offer but this event is about you showcasing what you are good at and what you'd be proud to put your name on and serve to a crowd like this. Obviously you've read through the offerings thus far. I'd encourage you to please think about what you can do to fill any of the blanks you may see. I do like the idea of mac and cheese but if there's something you do particularly well, please make the your offering. If it needs to be cooked here, please let me know so I can be sure to have whatever equipment available that you'll need.

Robert

Fair enough! I'll do some thinking and post back. Right now I'll plan on some mac and cheese (I'll have to do some test batches to make sure I've got it down first ;) ). My problem with cooking/baking is I typically have so many recipes I want to try I often don't repeat them. Lol. My plan with the Mac is to bake it on Friday in a Pyrex pan, then we can just pop it in somewhere to heat it up on Saturday. Not sure if I mentioned, but I'm planning to be there around 9AM on Saturday.

Post 2 updated.

tareed94 tareed94 sounds awesome. Thanks for chiming in and volunterring anything. I put ya up there for games, Mac, Speaker. This is just tentative. You are not obligated. I'm just trying to track any and all ideas.

Looking forward to this shindig!

Sounds good! I'm going to start on the games (been wanting to make them anyway, now I have a better excuse) probably this week! I can't wait for this, it's going to be a great time!

Here's a pic of me and the dogs. Kylie is an Australian Shepherd/Blue Heeler mix, and Sadie is some type of herding mutt (she was found on the side of the road).
80-img_9567_3a8766eeae462f5a29221633040f770f3b0cd32f.jpg

Fair enough! I'll do some thinking and post back. Right now I'll plan on some mac and cheese (I'll have to do some test batches to make sure I've got it down first ;) ). My problem with cooking/baking is I typically have so many recipes I want to try I often don't repeat them. Lol. My plan with the Mac is to bake it on Friday in a Pyrex pan, then we can just pop it in somewhere to heat it up on Saturday. Not sure if I mentioned, but I'm planning to be there around 9AM on Saturday.

Sounds good! I'm going to start on the games (been wanting to make them anyway, now I have a better excuse) probably this week! I can't wait for this, it's going to be a great time!

Here's a pic of me and the dogs. Kylie is an Australian Shepherd/Blue Heeler mix, and Sadie is some type of herding mutt (she was found on the side of the road).
80-img_9567_3a8766eeae462f5a29221633040f770f3b0cd32f.jpg
awesome. thanks! good looking puppers too. Totally sitting still on their own too :emoji_laughing:

That's how a couple of ours are, unless they are sleeping of course.

awesome. thanks! good looking puppers too. Totally sitting still on their own too :emoji_laughing:

That's how a couple of ours are, unless they are sleeping of course.

No prob! Thanks! Hahaha. Yeah, they were NOT a fan of sitting still for a picture. :emoji_laughing: Took that for an offer letter on a house last year (won the offer, bailed on the house after the option period because they lied about the extent of the flood damage they repaired).

Yeah they're all energy unless they're sleeping. That's what I want from a dog right now though, high energy is a lot of fun at times.

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Zach....I have gotten a private response from @TXRick that he and his wife will be attending. I'm guessing that he may just not be comfortable going out in a public forum, and I can respect that. When you get time, could you please update post 2 to reflect their attendance?

Rick and his wife are two of our absolute best friends. We have shared many, many meals together....and more than a few motorcycle riding adventures :-) They have been my crash test dummies for pretty much every new creation I have come up with and they have been very instrumental in me developing the flavor profiles for my BBQ that have become very popular. Rick recently bought a small propane smoker from me and he's really starting to get into using it. Hopefully he will embrace the forum and be an active participant here.

Thank you!!
Robert

Reactions: bigdaddy4760
"Man, you guys really got me going...when i read through the thread the other day I was on orbitz checkin out flights and hotels! :emoji_astonished:

Sounds like it is going to be a blast, can't wait for the pictures."

So what's the verdict? No need for a hotel. I still have one HUGE room available to a guest. You'll be sleeping on a queen sized air bed, but it's a really nice one, and there is a bathroom right outside of that room as well as a built-in wet bar in the room. All you need is an airline ticket and if you get in early enough, I'll happily pick you up at the airport. A rental car may not be a bad idea though if it's in the budget. Personally, I feel that you should be part of the pictures and maybe even taking some yourself, not just seeing them in the forum :emoji_wink:

Fueling the fires,
Robert

"Man, you guys really got me going...when i read through the thread the other day I was on orbitz checkin out flights and hotels! :emoji_astonished:

Sounds like it is going to be a blast, can't wait for the pictures."

So what's the verdict? No need for a hotel. I still have one HUGE room available to a guest. You'll be sleeping on a queen sized air bed, but it's a really nice one, and there is a bathroom right outside of that room as well as a built-in wet bar in the room. All you need is an airline ticket and if you get in early enough, I'll happily pick you up at the airport. A rental car may not be a bad idea though if it's in the budget. Personally, I feel that you should be part of the pictures and maybe even taking some yourself, not just seeing them in the forum :emoji_wink:

Fueling the fires,
Robert

Robert,

You are not making it easy are you?

Thanks for the offer of the room as it makes it almost a slam dunk, will let you know what direction I am going to jump soon.

John

"Damn that looks good! Love to try them!"

I can't help but think Ricky will be bringing some to this shindig but I bet he also brings some this Saturday for the 65 day aged prime rib. You'll likely get to try some long before the Cen Tex event :emoji_wink:

Robert

IMG_20190715_180041.jpg

Bacon always gets the attention!

Had a small shindig on Monday with some friends and family in town. Did a Costco Wagyu Packer, scratch made mac and cheese (with bacon) and Dutch's Beans (also with bacon)

Sorry for the blurry pic haha. just noticed. But the brisket ran for almost 18 hours!

IMG_20190715_192001.jpg

IMG_20190715_192621.jpg

Smokin' in AZ Smokin' in AZ - I'm late to this but I know Robert has rolled out the welcome mat and know the door is open if you can make it. If not this year, there will be more and it should only get bigger! Always welcome to swing on through.

G'Morning Y'all! One day closer!

anyone got any practice cooks in recently? Looking more more pics for motivation and inspiration!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky