First Official CenTex Meetup: Piedmontese Tri-Tip and the Fixin's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It all Looks Great, Can't say I have ever had grilled watermelon, Thinking I am going to have to try that.... Definite Like

Was a long overdue item for me as well. Will be doing again.

Everything looks great! I bet it was a fun time.

I’d sink straight to the bottom of that pool with all that good food laying around!

Luckily there was flotation devices! :emoji_laughing: and we swam before hand. I think that was the key to success haha

"Understand completely on the eating before pics! Some things just happen :emoji_laughing:

and absolutely agree. One must attend a Robert Cook Out! I'm still thinking of that meal! haha. The beer was really great and almost pushed me off the brewing ledge again... That Irish Red was delicious."

Bad news Zach. The keg of Irish Red Ale blew yesterday afternoon. Glad you got some before it went empty. On the positive side though, I have another batch ready to keg so all is not lost :-)

More beer making ingredients arriving today,
Robert

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
"Thanks Farmer! It was a great first "gathering"! Good food, great people, cold beer. Yup. Twas a great time. It'll grow for sure. tx smoker tx smoker is gonna need a bigger rotisserie soon :emoji_laughing:"

Well well well....don't forget. I can put a LOT more meat on the rotisserie we used for this one PLUS I have the rotisserie for the built-in 42" Lynx that'll hold a whole lot of meat. It'll be a while before I need a bigger rotisserie :-)

Set for a while,
Robert

"Thanks Gary! Robert will be along to accept his accolades too :emoji_grin:
It was a blast. always great to meet new people that share common interests."

Once again, I thank you for the kind words but in reality, all I did was provide a piece of meat and a place to eat. It is the people that make a gathering. the food and libations are just icing on the cake. Yep, those things enhance the experience but it all starts with the people.

Clarifying,
Robert

"It all Looks Great, Can't say I have ever had grilled watermelon, Thinking I am going to have to try that.... Definite Like"

I've done grilled watermelon several times but it has always been on a propane grill. This time was done over the Mesquite. It was good this time but I think I prefer it on the propane grill. The watermelon is very porous and soaked up a lot of the wood flavor, almost too much. It still caramelized nicely and had great texture, but a bit of a bite from the smoke. Still very much worth a try though. something else we love around here is grilled pineapple. That is REALLY good but the local store only had nasty looking pineapples so I went with watermelon instead.

Robert

"Everything looks great! I bet it was a fun time.

I’d sink straight to the bottom of that pool with all that good food laying around!"

It was a fantastic time and cannot wait to do it again, hopefully with a little more interest from the local folks....but we didn't advertise this one so it stands to reason that nobody knew about it :-)

I hadn't thought about it but I don't believe anybody went back into the pool after dinner, and a couple dozen cheesecake squares. Probably for the reason you just mentioned :-)

Robert

"Thanks Gary! Robert will be along to accept his accolades too :emoji_grin:
It was a blast. always great to meet new people that share common interests."

Once again, I thank you for the kind words but in reality, all I did was provide a piece of meat and a place to eat. It is the people that make a gathering. the food and libations are just icing on the cake. Yep, those things enhance the experience but it all starts with the people.

Clarifying,
Robert

Have to agree didn't know anybody that showed up at the first Pa gathering other than from the forum. What a fantastic time and great food and the meeting of some of our SMF family. What a great bunch of guys and ladies and pc farmers family was awesome. We are planning the 3rd year now.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky