First load of the season.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yesterday was a great time to cut the cheese...and smoke it!

View attachment 472335

I have some 8 and 14 year old cheddar. But couldn't convince myself to smoke it. But, I did find some 3 year old at a great price. Along with some other cheese.

View attachment 472333

These went in the bullet for 3 hours using a tube smoker with a 50/50 blend of apple and Alderwood. I also put some store bought pepperoni
in there as well for a experiment.

View attachment 472332

Packaged up and ready to munch. I really like these 1 pint zip lock vacuum bags! The 3 year old cheese is incredible.

Looks great, Steve. Thanks for sharing.

Once you took the cheese out of the smoke, what was your process before vacuum sealing?

Looks great, Steve. Thanks for sharing.

Once you took the cheese out of the smoke, what was your process before vacuum sealing?

Thanks! I left them on the counter for a few hours. Then wrapped loosely in plastic wrap in the fridge overnight. In the morning I vacuum sealed them.

Reactions: illini40
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky