First fatty w/ Q-view, of course!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jfoust

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Well I got back from the lake in time to do a fatty on the new GOSM. It was my first smoke and my first fatty, so I was a little worried about the outcome. I did a green pepper, onion, mushrooms, and cheese. I diced all the veggies... It either needed a lot more veggies, or they needed to be cut bigger. Probably a little bit of both, actually. So the end result was it was a little too meaty, IMHO, but still absolutely delicious! The wife and I were already discussing what to try on the next one! Without further ado, here's the Q-View!

EDIT - Hi to Seboke! It was his Ribs and Fatty thread w/ awesome Q-View that got me wanting to try it and his advice that got me started!

EDIT #2 - Okay, pics should be working now. I uploaded them to my regular photo host, but it wasn't working. I gave up last night and put them on Photobucket this morning. Hope everyone enjoys the Q-view!

Everything laid out and about to get rolled:
97694990.unzuXr1C.jpg

Got a little TBS rolling out... Don't know if it shows up here or not!

Dripping with juice and ready to come off.. .Exactly 160 degrees :)

And last but not least, the guts. Like I said, needed a little more "stuff" in there, but it was still amazing!

97694995.Q872hQQz.jpg

Bumping my own thread since pics are working now!
biggrin.gif
Hope you guys enjoy the view.

That was one mighty fine JUICY looking fatty! Props to you on the successful tasty treat!

I did my first fatty over the wknd and was disappointed with the dryness cause I overcooked. With the exception of the missing smoke ring, glad to see yours turned out, and tasted, well!

Thanks! It was very tasty. I didn't want to go overboard with the smoke, so I just smoked it for about the first hour and then let it go without smoke for the second hour, so that might explain it. Somewhere I've got pics of a lot thicker smoke, but I chose this one for some reason. This one was a learning experience, so hopefully it'll be even better the next time, if that's possible!

sumosmoke - I pulled mine out at an internal temp of exactly 160 and it was perfectly juicy. I need to pick up a BBQ thermometer so I don't have to keep fiddling with opening the door and checking it, but 160 seems to be the magic number on a fatty!

Great lookin fatty there jf!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Thanks for the public praise!!! Try it with a bacon wrap next time. Yours didn't look dry, but the bacon will help keep it from drying out a bit (sumosmoke). And bacon, IMHO, can make banana puddin' taste better!!!

OK, I owe you some points. Given out too many today.
icon_sad.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky