First fatties

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

downtown dave

Original poster
Nov 10, 2013
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
This is my second smoke and after reading here I had to try some fatties! I'm not a huge fan of sausage so I opted for beef fatties. Went with traditional styles.

Mushroom gravy with mushrooms and swiss..

Mustard, ketchup, cheddar, pickle and onion..

Roll em up

Rolled em in the bacon weave. Also got some Beef back ribs for 4 bucks and had some chicken breasts in the freezer.

About an hour into the smoke. Lookin good!

Smoke those fatties!

Done!

Yum!

Just a little extra for ya'll here. The beef ribs were skimpy on meat as expected but they were just ozzing with flavor! Good investment..

This is my way of saying thanks to you guys for posting, giving me great ideas here! Hope you enjoyed the photo's.

Downtown, Those look great man. I chose a fattie for my first smoke ever and I'm getting ready to put it on the smoker now. Mine will be a naked fattie however, and I'm using venison mixed with a little pork so I'm crossing my fingers. If they turn out any way near as good as yours and some of the others I've read about,, I'll be real happy to be sure. Andy

Reactions: downtown dave
Looks-Great.gif
 Most of the time I use ground beef or venison for my fatties. I like your mushroom and swiss idea.

Happy smoken.

David

Reactions: downtown dave
Thanks guys.. Good luck with yours Andy. My wife doesn't care for the bacon on the outside. Next time I will cook it and roll it inside. Let us know how yours turns out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky