First ever with UDS / charcoal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokey tex

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 28, 2016
Alright, so here's the newly finished UDS.  Far from perfect, but it should be good enough to do the job.  I'm seasoning it up this afternoon and cooking a brisket tomorrow.  A little nervous as this will be my first time ever smoking with charcoal.  I've smoked more briskets that I can count on the electric smoker, so hopefully it's a smooth transition.  Looking forward to it!  Any suggestions are welcome.

Alan

Looks nice. Play with it first before you do any major cooks learn how to control your temperature. I found it's easier to creep up on the dissed temp rather than to try to cool it back down. I also found to be patient and make small adjustments to air flow
Good luck and enjoy

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky