First electric smoker build, need help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I looked at the Amazen products last night and I think I'll get the 10 hour one. That gives me the flexibility of using up to ten hours or maybe less than that if I choose.

I'm gonna finally do some work to the smoker today. I'm gonna try to get some shelves in it and hopefully put a 2 or 3 inch slab of concrete in the bottom. This will be insulative as well as assist in maintaining consistent heat once it warms up.

I'm planning on forming the surface of the concrete so that it's serves as the drip pan as well. I will put a hole in one side and let it all drain to the hole.

It will cost a few more pennies but maybe instead of concrete get some firebricks.  will hold heat better and you can take them out if you want to move it.  just an idea

Looks like it is coming along nicely. 

Are you planing on cover the concrete with foil during use? Concrete is porous and will absorb the grease and get pretty messy. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky