First Compitition, some questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coffee_junkie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 17, 2009
Helena, MT
Well, I have assembled my team, picked an event that is close and we are starting with the planning stages. We plan on cooking with 2 UDS's and 2 ECB's. It is a sanctioned event, here is the link if anybody in interested http://smokinintheroot.com/2010 BBQ Registration.pdf. I have read the rules, they are the PNWBA rules, very similar to the KCBS rules. My question is what do most people do about the 3 station sanitizing sink? I am thinking 3 meat tubs, a pot and a gas stove to heat the water....am I way off, any other ideas that you folks have would be greatly appreciated, I am looking for a low cost redneck solution if at all possible. 

I am not familiar with KCBS & PNWBA rules, but I know in IBCA 3 meat tubs and some way of getting hot water will work. It is exactly how I do it at every Comp. I don't see why it wouldn't work for your event also. They can't really expect every  team to be able to afford to pull a 3 stage sink with hot water heater, if they did they would greatly reduce the number of teams attending the event

Good Luck and let us know how you do

TX,

That is what I was planning on doing, just wondering if there where any other (cheap) ways to do it out there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky