First chuckie in the ECB

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chef willie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 31, 2010
Willamette Valley, Oregon
Finally jumped into the pool with the retooled ECB after weeks of soaking up info here. Followed Bears tutorial on the chuck, thanks Bear, and was quite happy with the results and only freaked out a coupla times during the process with the temp regulating. 3.5 #'er took about 6.5 hours with me doing my best to keep it around 250 degrees. Had to hold it in the barely on oven for about 1.5 hours till chow time but it was still pretty tender. Thanks to everybody here for the great info passed around & encouragement for the FNG's. Think I have a new addiction.....

Ready to go

020ce8db_CHUCKIE1.jpg

Fire in the hole

357cc4a6_SMOKEPLUME.jpg

4 hours in at 159 internal

866dc774_4HOURSIN--159.jpg

Chuck at 208 internal

9ba1478e_CHUCKIE208.jpg

Finished, ready for plating

8f68acfe_FINISHEDCHUCKIE.jpg

Bear set ya right! That's a great looking chuckie. Now I prefer burritos over sammies butt's that my preference.

Great looking Chuckie - that is one of my favorites to smoke

Bear set ya right! That's a great looking chuckie. Now I prefer burritos over sammies butt's that my preference.

great looking chuckie your have there.. great job

Great looking Chuckie - that is one of my favorites to smoke

Great looking chuckie Willie, can't go wrong when your following Bear! His attention to detail is unreal!

Barry
biggrin.gif
Thanks guys....Thanks to Bears well documented tutorial I felt real comfortable through the process. My temps were only a few degrees different along the way so knew I was on the right track. Thinking a big slab of ribs is in my immediate future....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky