First Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vic81

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Marietta, GA
Setup to smoke my first chicken tomorrow.  Did a little searching on the forum and opted to go with DougE's brine suggestion:

Slaughterhouse Poultry Brine By Tip Piper of Hillbilly Vittles
1 ½ Gal Water
½ C Salt - Kosher
½ C Dark Brown Sugar
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Onion Powder
2 tsp Cajun Spice (Louisiana Cajun Seasoning)
2 tsp Celery Seed

The bird is soaking now and I'll toss it on the smoker sometime around 1pm.  I plan to try and smoke some beef ribs at the same time.....wish me luck 
icon_wink.gif

Sounds like a fun time along with some tasty Q too. It's all good my friend.

Here are some pics from dinner last night:

7f8a8cd3_dinner1.jpg

c5b1033e_dinner2.jpg

the sausages were a sweet turkey sausage from Aldi, the ribs were center cut beef.  I ended up smoking the chicken for ~4 hrs.  Unfortunately, I got a late start and my family had already eaten dinner - looks like chicken tonight though!!!!  I did try a few cuts from it and the taste was great 
icon_smile.gif

mmmmm-mmmmm!  them center cut beef ribs are lookin' mighty tasty to me!

nice pullback!

and by the looks of that chicken, there's gonna be some fine eatin' at your place tonight!

nicely done!

It all looks great
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky