First Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TexasMuskrat

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 15, 2016
Andrews, TX
So i pulled out my 13 lb choice brisket to thaw yesterday. This evening i trimmed about 1 lb of fat cap. Rubbed with olive oil and put fresh ground black pepper, pink Himalayan sea salt, smoked spanish paprika, and garlic powder. I then wrapped in plastic wrap and into fridge it goes until morning. Forgot to take pics until all wrapped up. Will post more when it goes on the smoker.

Plan on getting it on by 5am i hope anyway. Depends on when i get to bed. Smoking it due to family being in town who i hardly ever get to see. I will foil to speed up cooking time and hold temp around 225-250. Going to pick up some pecan or cherry i think.

Sadly even though i measured the meat on the rack i had to cut three inches or so off the flat to fit the brisket in the smoker. Where i went wrong was i measured it while wrapped which squished the meat making it appear to be small enough.
You can see the cut piece to the side of the brisket.

Should have stuck a beer can under the middle of the brisket or some balled up tin foil. Should have gave you 3"
Watching...

Last edited:
popcorn.gif

Made a mop sauce. 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup black lager, 1/4 cup olive oil, 3 Tspn smoked paprika, 1 tspn salt, 1 tspn pepper, tspn of minced garlic, tspn of worcestershire sauce. Heated it until salt desolved.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky