First Brisket - w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
yea i tried using the applewood chips in my CG and my temps would bounce around like that too.. i think chunks would probably do alot better

You will love smoking a shoulder! My family loves them. On a side note, my dad just brought me over some pieces of his apple tree he cut down last year! By the way, nice looking brisket.

Looks Great, it has an awesome smoke ring and looks tasty.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I started posting a reply and hit the wrong key accidentally & lost everything I wrote yesterday...

Don't feel guilty when you find a bargain like that!

We rarely see briskets around here and I found one last year at a Super Walmart. It was $1.89/lb marked down to $1.30/lb. I made it a couple days ago after finding it in the basement freezer. It was an 11.3 lb packer brisket. Under $15!

I marinated it in soy sauce and rubbed it with homemade garlic powder (Martin's, Georgia Crystal, Polish Hardneck, Burgundy, Cuban Purple, Wonha, Simonetti, Music, others) & pepper powder (Pasilla Bajio, Joe E. Parker, NuMex Eclipse, Jalapeno, Paprika, etc) and crushed black pepper.

I did it Jeff's way, in a tin pan, but after it hit 185 I put it right on the grate to bark up the bottom for another 45-60 minutes. I started it at midnite and it was at 185 around 10am. For my first brisket I thought it was excellent, but not a real lot of smoke taste--I use an MES and used a mix of pecan and a very small amount of mesquite; maybe I should have tried hickory or cherry?

The point was a little tougher than expected so cubed it and may try the burnt ends gig or the food processor to shred it up. Does anyone know if I can I do this the following day or 2? Sorry I didn't mean to hijack the thread, I just didn't want to start another First Brisket thread since I started talking about great prices anyway.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky