First Brisket on my new OK Joe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

357mag

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Piedmont Triad of NC
I did my first brisket on my new OK Joe Highland last night. It went well in the beginning but about midway through the damper on the firebox became loose and kept sliding closed. I noticed that the temp started dropping rapidly and I did not find the cause for about an hour,so I just left the door open about 3" to compensate. by then the damage was done. I lost my good bed of coals and had a hard time getting the temp up to acceptable limits, but the IT of the brisket had reached stall temp so I removed the brisket and finished it in my kitchen oven. All in all I think it turned out pretty good. It was tender, smoky and moist. I had never smoked a brisket on a stick burner before. I am still learning fire management.

On the grates.
20230326_005334.jpg

Done and ready for a rest.

20230326_124043.png

Sliced and ready for Sunday lunch.
20230326_124159.jpg

Nice save and the brisket looks real good from here.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: 357mag
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky