First Attempt at smoking - Pork Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hatebreed

Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So I just picked up a Weber One Touch 22.5' Grill. Decided to try smoking with it. Picked up a rack of ribs locally. I smoked it with Royal Oak Charcoal, Applewood smoking chips, A tray under the meat with a half of an Alexander Kieths IPA beer, and two shots of Forty Creek Whiskey. Seasoned the meat with a homemade rub I use for venison. Smoked it for 3 hours then moved it to the hot side of the grill and seared it while basting with a mixture of 3 bbq sauces and some Blair's Death Sauce. Threw a couple oktoberfest sausages on part way through. They turned out amazing. My first attempt at smoking and first time using a charcoal grill. I think it turned out awesome. However I may now have the smoking bug.

Ya blair's is amazing. I have 7 or 8 of their sauces. Nobody comes close to the heat their sauces. I had some 3am reserve but ill be honest im kinda chicken shit to try it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky