First attempt at pulled beef.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigboy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Delaware County, Pa
Was a fail even though it turned out delicious. I'm a little disappointed and I only have myself to blame. After foiling I inserted the probe through the foil, blindly, and wasn't 100% sure where it was in the meat. Anyway, after it alledegly reached 200 degrees I pulled it, placed it in a cooler and let it rest for an hour. When it went to pull it, I couldn't get the meat to budge. I ended up slicing it and calling it roast beef and made some sammiches. Check out the pics below and feel free to pass along any tips!

Looks tasty anyways!!! Looks like a 7 bone? I know we all say cook to IT of, but for roasts like that I really cook by time with the smoker at a certain temp when foiling. Chuckies and 7 bone roasts are one of those cuts.

Well, if you don't want it, send it here. I'll be glad to take care of it for you. It looks tasty.

Disco

No Biggy!!!  Lesson learned for pulling Beef. As long as it tasted Great, you won!!!

Lots of people pull it early, like 185*---190*, so they can slice it without it falling apart !!!

Pull the next one!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky