First Attempt at ABT's - Successful!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JZ_Focus

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
York, PA
So I have a graduation party I'm going to next weekend, and want to make something that I know no one else is bringing. I figured I'd use this weekend to do a test run on some ABT's. Used a mix of 8oz. cream cheese & 1 cup of shredded cheddar with 1 tsp. chili powder. Halved my peppers and filled them with the cheese mix then placed beef little smokies on each one before wrapping them in bacon. Put Hickory saw dust in my amazn tray and set the auber on my mes30 to 225*. 2 1/2 hours later they were ready. I'm totally happy with the way they turned out, and everyone that has tried them loves them. And just for something a little extra I put a little Mike's Hot Honey on them before I eat them, and man does that just put them over the top. If you haven't tried Hot Honey before, do yourself a favor and head over to amazon and order a bottle, you'll thank me later!

abt1.jpg
abt2.jpg
abt3.jpg
abt4.jpg
hothoney.jpg

WOW!! If that's your first run with them, you may want to think about starting a second career. Those look great. Would have loved to see a cut-away view but I have a pretty good imagination.

Robert

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm starting another batch this weekend for my nephews college graduation party. I found these so easy to make the first time around that I'm already thinking of some other variations that I want to try. I'm thinking of a cream cheese, cheddar, blue crab & old bay mix and then wrapped in bacon. I can't imagine those would turn out too bad at all.

Labor Savers.
Are you using a piping bag or spooning your cheese mix?
Doubled heavy duty Ziplocs with a corner cut off makes filling quick, clean and easy.
I spoon filled this time which is a bit messy. I plan on piping them mix in next time though just to speed up the process a bit. I've used the piping with a ziplock bag method when stuffing pasta in the past, I just wasn't thinking when I made these last week.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky