Firebox into an oven?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Western Maryland
I want to redo that fire box to have an oven over it. There is a damper to the smokehouse I can close and pass the heat to the oven above. I am figuring on a chimney above the right side away from the smokehouse so the smoke travels across the meat in it and a damper of some kind to the oven. I might just make the entire thing bigger. This could be a spring project after hunting season meats have been done.

The smokehouse is too cold for doing things like a chicken and really hot smoking. Maybe smoked pizza? :)

So, has anyone done something like this or have ideas or past references you have seen?

Attachments

• Smokehouse.jpg
    Smokehouse.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 29
You can always add smoke and finish in the kitchen oven.....

Taken from Marianski's web site...

We know now that the smoked meat must be cooked, but does that mean that it must be cooked inside of the smokehouse? Don’t we have wonderfully designed and factory built electrical or gas stoves inside every kitchen? They are insulated, have built-in temperature controls and are almost begging for these smoked sausages to be baked inside. How about putting your smoked meats into a pot full of hot water and cooking these products on top of the stove?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky