FireBoard Fan - Any Reviews?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

troutman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 14, 2017
Houston, Texas
Been looking around the old interweb and forums for any feedback on the FireBoard fan. Can't seem to find much. I'm about ready to take the FireBoard plunge and need fan control for my WSMs especially. Is their fan working well, anyone got one they could report on? Or should I just hang back and think about getting a Cyber-Q or some other product. Any help/comments appreciated.

fireboard fan.jpg

I have a fireboard & it is a quality therm, I didn't get the fan adapter, cause I have a Guru that has served me well for several years. But if you don't have a Guru or want to use the FireBoard to power the Guru fan, then I think it's one of the best therms out there. And they are always trying to inprove it, by adding new things to it. I hear they are working on a humidity control now, and for any body with a curing chamber this would be a great addition. They are pricey, but you get what you pay for!
Al

Thanks Al, that's exactly what I ended up buying, a FireBoard and the BBQ Guru Pit Viper. It was recommended by some guys I know that use them. Thanks for confirming the choice !!!

Thanks Richie, I already knew about the FireBoard, it was the fan that I was doing a search on. Pit Viper it is !!

Hey Troutman - I'm thinking of making the exact plunge you did. How is it working out? Did you end up getting the medium fan? Lastly...I'm assuming you have to buy the WSM adapter also from BBQ Guru, along with the fan - please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have a 36" long, 20" round smoker. My Fireboard Drive fan cable and their 20cfm fan did fine for my OKJ Factory RF Longhorn.

Here is an image of my first 5 hour cook.

Screenshot_20180801-072232_FireBoard.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky