Finally pulled the trigger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hillbillyrkstr

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 11, 2013
Well after roughly 20 years of smoking on a variety of smokers (stick burners, electric, charcoal, etc…) I finally decided to buy a pellet rig.

Me and a friend put deposits down on a few Yoder’s at the local dealer only to be told a month later they oversold them and we wouldn’t be getting them in July. Maybe October…. That didn’t work for me. So After calling the next closest dealer (Warsaw indy) and putting down new deposits a month ago we were finally able to pick them up this week.

400 miles round trip. I hope it was worth it. This thing is a tank! I burnt it in this afternoon while smoking some ribs in one of the mes 40s I’ve used for years. I can’t wait for the first smoke on this new one!!

Also shout out to American outdoor bbq & more in Warsaw indy. I dealt with the owner directly told him out situation and he was nothing but great to us.

scott
BC2E2D3C-9757-4B81-B705-AD957ABC8575.jpeg

That was a serious long distance trip.. 400 miles.. Those Yoder’s look fantastic too!!! With pellet grills, always start low and slow with your cooking temps for the first hour or so for the best smoke production and then bump up the temp to finish. Good luck on your future cooks with it and enjoy.

That was a serious long distance trip.. 400 miles.. Those Yoder’s look fantastic too!!! With pellet grills, always start low and slow with your cooking temps for the first hour or so for the best smoke production and then bump up the temp to finish. Good luck on your future cooks with it and enjoy.

Reactions: RCAlan and chopsaw
Congrats!! Looks like you got the Cadillac with competition cart.
Thanks cam. Yeah I figured it was worth the extra coin. The local guy told me when he called that he could get the ys640 instead of the comp cart. I told him I wasn’t interested. In fact that guy still has my deposit! Lol! I just remembered I told him To keep me on the list for October before I found the place in indy. Guess I need to make a call!

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222
Those are 640’s, I’m guessing? Suburb pellet machine. I have one sans the cart. Great cooker. Congratulations

Congrats on that ! Awesome . Love the looks of the comp cart with those .

I can honestly say never used any type of pellet grill before so all tips are appreciated.

Me either , until last weekend . Just got a pellet grill . Been cooking on it all week , and I really like it .
I think your going to enjoy that .

Congrats on that ! Awesome . Love the looks of the comp cart with those .

Me either , until last weekend . Just got a pellet grill . Been cooking on it all week , and I really like it .
I think your going to enjoy that .
Yeah I hope so! Congrats on your new smoker!

AlllllllRight!!!
Now you're Ready!!
Good thing you guys only got 2, with that little Shortbed!!
I can't wait to see the results!!!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: hillbillyrkstr
Wow! Thats double the fun right there! Jealous! One day I might grow up and get a pellet smoker... Looks like quality units!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky