Finally picked up a AMNPS!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bummed

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 17, 2016
South Alabama
My wife and I were out shopping and I stopped in Gander Mountain. To my surprise they had the the tubes and the AMNPS. So I figured I would give it a try since it's so popular here, I am so glad I did!

My wife picked up some cheese sticks from Sam's and she didn't like them at all, she wanted to throw them out and for whatever reason I held on to them. I decided to try the AMNPS on a cold smoke. Temps here dropped into the 50's so I loaded up the tray to give it a go and see if I could save the sticks.

I picked up the pellets there too as I didn't have any. Loaded up the tray down one row and into the next to see if it would carry over. I used my grill to give it a try and to my surprise it did and the smoke was plenty.

I pulled a few off after 3 hours and then the rest after 4 hours, after 4 hours they had turned more yellow from the smoke. I let them rest over night and the 4 hour batch was much better. Next time I may set them for 6 hours or more.

Overall I was very impressed with the AMNPS, I can't wait to give it a try in my smoker with heat and meat!

Yes she has and she loves them! They get better the longer they are stored, I can't wait to use it more.

Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky