Finally nailed a "no blood on the plate" Tri Tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
As many of you know, my wife wont eat beef if it bleeds on the plate. Personally I love medium rare beef and mopping up the juices with bread. thus this is a conflict in cooking for us. Ive tried a few things but last night I nailed it. I SV a Tri Tip at 138 for 6 hours, right out of the bag it was medium rare and not expressing and juices, but fork tender and delish! it was rubbed with Holy Cow. No pics, we dove in hard and fast... I am hopeful this can be repeated because its way more enjoyable to cook the TT for all and not need to cut it and cook some more.

Nice . Sounds like you found the sweet spot .
I have some that don't like the red or the juices . I put a pan of beef stock on the stove , and dip some slices in it to further cook the color out . It's pretty darn good like that too .
Nice job on getting it figured out .

Sounds good! Hopefully it's repeatable for you! Luckily my wife likes steaks same as me... medium rare!

Ryan

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
I have some that don't like the red or the juices . I put a pan of beef stock on the stove , and dip some slices in it to further cook the color out . It's pretty darn good like that too .
Great Idea!! I will keep that in my list of options for sure - many thanks!

This is a well known process, especially for prime rib. Just dip the med-rare piece in au jus for a couple of seconds and voila, no red.

Excellent that you finally got one that your wife liked, took less work, and you still enjoyed. Wounds like a win-win to me Dave.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky