Finally got a meat grinder!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You've gone and done it now. What will likely follow will be the stuffer, then the vacuum sealer, then the slicer hahahaha. Enjoy grinding away!

Reactions: 73saint
When you get a stuffer remember volume is not in weight of a meat product but in water since water is a constant volume/weight then you won't get mad when your 15lb stuffer can't hold 12lb of sausage

You've gone and done it now. What will likely follow will be the stuffer, then the vacuum sealer, then the slicer hahahaha. Enjoy grinding away!
I must be going backwards because I already have a slicer (2) and a vacuum sealer!

Umai is a great way to start dry curing for a couple reasons. First, with their instructions and the help with people on this forum it's the easiest way to try the dry curing process. Second, the Umai bags allow ya to dry cure without a chamber, etc. So, you can see if dry curing is a hobby you want to pursue! Just be warned, it is addicting IMO! I've done charcuterie including capicola, lonzino, bresaola, etc. Have three breasola in the Umai bags now, with another capicola going into the seasoning/cure today! With the charcuterie, a vac sealer and coffee grinder or mortar & pestle are handy to have. For the salumi, I just started by first salumi yesterday. A stuffer will definetly be something you'll want to have.

Soon, if your like the rest of us... You'll have a stuffer, vac sealer, slicer... & the list goes on. LOL.

FAA0A9D3-BD24-49BA-9DE7-434A33CB5191.jpeg

Umai is a great way to start dry curing for a couple reasons. First, with their instructions and the help with people on this forum it's the easiest way to try the dry curing process. Second, the Umai bags allow ya to dry cure without a chamber, etc. So, you can see if dry curing is a hobby you want to pursue! Just be warned, it is addicting IMO! I've done charcuterie including capicola, lonzino, bresaola, etc. Have three breasola in the Umai bags now, with another capicola going into the seasoning/cure today! With the charcuterie, a vac sealer and coffee grinder or mortar & pestle are handy to have. For the salumi, I just started by first salumi yesterday. A stuffer will definetly be something you'll want to have.

Soon, if your like the rest of us... You'll have a stuffer, vac sealer, slicer... & the list goes on. LOL.
Only reason I haven’t ordered umai yet, is because I think it may be too hot. Don’t you have to keep temps between 65-70? This time of year our home hits 75 during the day. I assumed I neede to wait until fall?

Only reason I haven’t ordered umai yet, is because I think it may be too hot. Don’t you have to keep temps between 65-70? This time of year our home hits 75 during the day. I assumed I neede to wait until fall?

For the salumi, yes... Coarse Al posted his pepperoni & I'm quite sure he mentioned using some bactoferm that would ferment in higher temps. For the charcuterie, it's in the fridge the whole time.. So no worries there!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky