Finally found some thick bellies!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Potassium sorbate is used on commercially produced bacon. Last batch of bacon I made, I had to wipe some spots with vinegar so this go around I am using potassium sorbate.

Potassium sorbate is used on commercially produced bacon. Last batch of bacon I made, I had to wipe some spots with vinegar so this go around I am using potassium sorbate.
Thanks! Now I understand. Appreciate it!

Ryan

Finished up the last night of cold smoke this morning...
IMG_20220301_054452.jpg

Of course-had to slice some off and fry it up!!
IMG_20220301_061723.jpg

Perfect salt. Perfect sweet. Perfect smoke. Bacon Nirvana.
IMG_20220301_063743.jpg

Oh- and the bacon grease jar can now start being replenished! I was out! LOL! Got enough now for bacon grease biscuits in the morning. With this 30# smoke of bacon, plus the 10# of wild hog bacon, I'm good for a while till next fall. Also have 40# of Canadian bacon. So I'm good now! LOL!!

Great looking bellies and bacon, and a pretty good price to boot! A lot of the bellies around here have been pretty thin so I’ve passed on them. Hopefully there’s some nice looking ones like yours when the bacon stash gets low.

That looks great nice color

Great looking bellies and bacon, and a pretty good price to boot! A lot of the bellies around here have been pretty thin so I’ve passed on them. Hopefully there’s some nice looking ones like yours when the bacon stash gets low.
Thanks xray....yeah I couldn't pass them up!

That looks great nice color
Thanks pineywoods..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky