Finally Found a Decent Slicer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 23, 2011
Everett, WA
I've been searching Craigslist for almost a year for a good slicer in my price range, and then the other day, one popped up less than a mile from me.

This is an Italian-made, SIRMAN 1/4-hp, with a 10" blade. Practically brand new, the previous owner bought it new, and only used it a couple times to slice cabbage for cole slaw. 
icon_eek.gif

Came with all the accessories and manuals, & even the oil to lubricate it.

I tried it out this morning on a store-bought half ham. The motor is whisper-quiet, & it took all of 45 seconds to finish it off.

Man, I couldn't be happier! I'm going to have a lot of fun with this. Time for some more bacon! 
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah! And it also cleans up much easier than the old, Rival kitchen slicer I was using before.

Last edited:
Very nice congrats

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky