Fight Night Jambalaya tribute to Foamheart with Q View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 3, 2013
DFW North Texas
The wife is off this evening to a holiday play with family. My son and I elected to stay home. Just too many house chores need to be completed before the holidays begin.

…Okay I'll be honest.  We really wanted to watch the P&R Boxing match tonight.

We've also elected to make dinner rather than call dominos.  We thought about gumbo.  But we have been on a gumbo bender of late and clearly a need to "change it up" is in order.  

However, we didn't want to stray too far from our love of all things Creole.

Today on this forum  FoamHeart penned a cultural background and history lesson of Jambalaya along with a solid foundation recipe.  We are going to use it. 

Let's get ready to rumble!

We caramelize the "Holy Trinity" and scrape all the brown bits from the bottom of the pot!  And add back the sausage and the chicken… Then stir in 3 cups of long grain rice. 6 cup of water. 

We toss the french loaf in the oven and chop the parsley and green onion...  

Thanks Kevin.  ...Turned out real nice. A few BD adds to the recipe as you suggested… It's a remarkable evening with my youngest boy. 

Priceless  

Who will win that boxing match? Is your money on R or P?

Last edited:
It looks good to me. I will need a fork and a plate to give a real critique  LOL.

Food family and friends. Next time, I would leave the skin on the chicken, it adds more caramel to the pot making that rice browner. We don't cook healthy here, you are supposed to work to keep healthy and be in shape.

Did it make you and your son want to cook another? That is what its all about. Then it was a raging success!

Hi Brian,

Your jambalaya looks really tasty, and I'm sure was a damn sight better than Dominos!

And sounds like some really good quality time with your kid, which is probably the most important thing!

Have a great Sunday,
Clarissa

And sounds like some really good quality time with your kid, which is probably the most important thing!

Have a great Sunday,
Clarissa
Absolutely Clar. He's turning into a better cook than me.  He picks it up very quickly. 

Howdy Disco. The evening was great.  But not sure the boxing match was worth the $70 price tag.  LOL 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky