Fever

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fever

Original poster
Aug 21, 2017
Hello everyone

Thank you for allowing me into your group. 

I'm not what you'd call a pro bbq'r or smoker. But, I'm pretty good at what I've done. My family always tells me to open my own BBQ shack. Sounds like fun & a lot of work. So I'll keep in home for now.

I live in Washington state, Town of Roy. Outside the big cities. 50 miles south of Seattle.

I've always been a charcoal guy - 22" Weber & Brinkman H20 smoker.

My wife purchased a 24" Smoke vault - Campchef smoker- propane.

So I've been playing with that. Having some great results.

My oldest daughter is getting married Sept 2nd. So I'll be smoking 6 Boston Butts. 

I'll be using apple & cherry woods. I like so save the water from the smoker to use it to make soups.

Looking forward to browsing your site for cooking & rub ideas.

Thank you

Mike Fievez

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a partly cloudy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.

Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Reactions: fever
Good morning. Yes, I'll let the water cool. Pick off the solid fat & toss that. There's wonderful flavored water/broth like. I've made beans and ham hocks with the water after smoking pork butts. So good. Same with smoking chicken. I've used some of the fat- because there's so much flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky