Favorite things to do with leftover pulled pork?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We love to do the carnitas route along with nachos. The smoked pork really works well in any kind of Mexican dish. We use the carnitas fo make burritos. It's also awesome mixed into my wife's killer barbecued beans.

George
Great idea. I can almost make a meal by itself outta some good bbq beans.

Good ideas but don't forget how well PP holds up so vac seal a few pouches and freeze. Nothing makes it past 3 days in the fridge at my house.

I have learned this with brisket..11.5 pound brisket..Monday..maybe 3 slices left, enough for one person to have for dinner.. shoulda vac sealed some right away!
For sure. Whatever isn't ate the day of the cook always gets froze for later at our place.

Already posted once to this thread, but the Mrs. reminded me of also using pp for quesadillas.
That's alright, keep em coming

SOP here is to vacseal half of a big smoke just coming off the smoker. Seals in freshness in my mind. Totally love the convenience too. Pop out of the freezer and reheat and it's like BAM freshly smoked. There are a few other guys like me that swear it actually improves the flavor.

Vac seal is the only way to go if you ask me. Reheat in boiling water and don't have to worry about drying it out. I always feel like the smoke flavor is stronger the next day too.

I gotta say I love some pulled pork as much as the next guy but I'm kinda burnt out on pp sammies. I have two 11lb shoulders on the smoker right now to eat on this upcoming week and sandwiches didn't even make the cut this time when the menu was made lol. I think I'm definitely liking the pork in other dishes here lately for sure. My question is, what's everyone's favorite use of the leftovers? Some of ours are pp tacos with red cabbage and Siracha aioli, smoked pork pot pie, which is heaven in a pie crust, and open faced pp sandwiches with mashed potatoes and all smothered in gravy. The open faced is a play on one of my favorite dishes my Grandmother made me as a kid.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky