Fattys :o)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kmadson

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 3, 2007
Clarkston, WA
Afternoon all, hope everyone is having a great weekend.
icon_smile.gif
Within the next week maybe two I will be getting my Camp Chef Smoke Vault Smoker WooHoo. So excited!! Doesn't take much to make me a happy camper
icon_smile.gif
, so I will be asking questions about a few things so here it goes
icon_lol.gif
,how do I season it when I get it all hooked up to the tank? Do I just put a few chunks of wood in and let it smoke for a few hours or what? Want to do it right would hate to mess my new toy up right off the bat. And where do you find recipes on doing some Fattys. Anyone have some recipes for some German Garlic sausage? Want to try doing some of that and of course jerky and pepperoni. Hope to hear from all who's willing to help me out. Thanks KM

Hi KM!
Congratulations on your new smoker.
smile.gif

Before you smoke any food, you will want to season the smoker by spraying or rubbing some oil on the inside....start it up and let it smoke for a couple of hours.

Lots of good recipes and talented folks here. If you click on "forum" at the top left side of the page, you will see sections on pork/beef/sausages...etc..
Lots of good recipes.
Good luck to you.
smile.gif

Hey Cowgirl thanks for getting back to me so quick. What kind of oil do you mean? Pam or vegtable oil? What is the best to use. Also do I put a chunk or two of wood in when I do this or just leave it empty with no wood? I am still very much a newbie at this:o)

Sorry I missed this KM....looks like folks have you covered on the other thread.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky