FATTIE CONTEST 2018

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good area. About 20 minutes away. Mall, gas station, beer store all right there

Appreciate the compliment Walt! I have 2 prime packers thawing in the basement fledge right now! Gonna try to hit another HR with them! Figured I’d double it this year!

You coming out Friday night again Walt?
That is the plan...I'm headed to the grocery store for a couple last minute things in a bit. Then I'm going to build a couple fattys and put my side together...
I'm planning on early evening tomorrow...before dark
Walt.

Movie won’t be on until after we’re done prepping everything we have to that night. And of course we need it to be dark since we’re playing it outside

Sounds good Walt. Stuff doesn’t really pick up Friday until after 6pm

Choc said he’ll be over Friday evening at some point and I know dan and Robbie are coming by. Robbq is coming as well.

Sounds like this Wisconsinite is coming with his dad.
Hey Tom, looking forward to meeting you. Although we could've done it months ago! I just spent most of my spring and summer staying in Appleton and working in Oshkosh (Defense). LOL I'm home now but will be going back a few times throughout the fall.
Where about in Neenah are you?

And no, I am not bringing cheese curds. <I figure at some point this will be expected of me right?>
Don't worry, I was planning on bringing some horseradish cheese curds and local OSK summer sausage, so I got ya covered! ;)
One thing I haven't been able to find during my time in WI is Muenster Cheese curds. If you know where to get those anywhere along I-41, please let me know. thanks.
-Kurt

Hey Tom, looking forward to meeting you. Although we could've done it months ago! I just spent most of my spring and summer staying in Appleton and working in Oshkosh (Defense). LOL I'm home now but will be going back a few times throughout the fall.
Where about in Neenah are you?

Don't worry, I was planning on bringing some horseradish cheese curds and local OSK summer sausage, so I got ya covered! ;)
One thing I haven't been able to find during my time in WI is Muenster Cheese curds. If you know where to get those anywhere along I-41, please let me know. thanks.
-Kurt
Ha, I live near Neenah High School actually. Most people don't know this town exists...and I'm bringing 3 pounds of turkey pepperoni I made to let people try. <I forgot if any MI smokers followed that process or not. Maybe some people might like it. The texture is different..but hey, it'll be there in case some one decides to try a last minute fattie and wants to use it?>

As for the curds..you know..I've never seen Munester curds my self. Which is odd. Googling told me that Muenster curds though are just ultra young munester cut into cubes in the brine. Is that the stuff you want? Other wise if you want a place that -might- have them..check our Simon's on 41 north of Appleton. I'm honestly thinking white curds I see places might be Muenster from the way it sounds.

Edit- All the google results for those curds specifically sure ain't near 41... Muenster cheese is so mild I don't think you'd notice them being different then any other curd to be fair except the texture might actually be falling apart soft? Not sure! Might have to make your own lol.

Last edited:
We'll be leaving in a bit here from WI. I'll text Scott when the ferry arrives in MI just in case some thing major is posted on SMF that affects this, and then when we're checked in at Howell and on the way over.

Can't wait to start meeting folk!

Update : just hit michigan. Passed the silversides on the way in. Pretty cool. Didnt know that was a thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: anglerman
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky