Father's day first fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Damn, I like that rolling it Saran Wrap for a better shape and into the fridge......very nice.   Excellent sustenance there I'm telling ya!!!!!
Thanks Scooterjam. Cannot claim that as an original idea though, I saw someone else on here do it. It does really shape it up nice.

Reactions: scooterjam
 I go for 160 - my wife doesn't want to see pink, albeit fully cooked, burger.  Takes about 60 to 70 minutes at 225F.
Mine have taken quite a bit longer, but they were pretty big. I just did 3 of them over the 4th (for a party) that probably ended up being about 4 lbs each (1lb beef, 1lb pork, 1.5 lbs bacon weave and stuffing stuff) and they took about 3.5 hours at 250ish to get to 160 IT.
I've got the same issues with the wife not liking pink. Took me a while to convince her that the smoke ring on these (which looked pinkish) was not raw meat... Lol, she gets it now.

Mine have taken quite a bit longer, but they were pretty big. I just did 3 of them over the 4th (for a party) that probably ended up being about 4 lbs each (1lb beef, 1lb pork, 1.5 lbs bacon weave and stuffing stuff) and they took about 3.5 hours at 250ish to get to 160 IT.
I've got the same issues with the wife not liking pink. Took me a while to convince her that the smoke ring on these (which looked pinkish) was not raw meat... Lol, she gets it now.
Correction - mine took about 3 hours.  I was reporting  accidentally on my 6-oz. ground chuck beer can burgers.

And done. Very good. Just simple ground beef with some spices, onion and green pepper, and cheese stuffing. We all liked it, except 10 year old daughter. But some days she would say she didn't like ambrosia, delivered by Zeus himself, so I am taking her rejection with a grain of salt.

Reactions: saxyjaz
And done. Very good. Just simple ground beef with some spices, onion and green pepper, and cheese stuffing. We all liked it, except 10 year old daughter. But some days she would say she didn't like ambrosia, delivered by Zeus himself, so I am taking her rejection with a grain of salt.

Nice lookin fatty right there. Simple is sometimes great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky