• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Father’s Day present

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Thanks Jake. Only think is it has the 3 little legs on it so I can’t use it on my electric stove. But it will be excellent on the grill, oven, and smoker. No complaints here
Yes sir everyone needs a cast iron Dutch oven

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 1, 2016
Wonderful gift. Lots of good food in your future coming out of that Dutch oven. The legs are designed that way so you can put charcoal under it and on the lid. There are many options from breakfast to dinner and desert that can be made in one of those ovens. I’d recommend getting a lifter for the lid and if you can swing it get yourself a metal DO table. A few of our favorites are mountain man breakfast, blueberry French toast, deep dish pizza and peach cobbler. Let me know if you need any recipes and best of luck on using that great gift.

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I have one with legs , and one without . Both serve a purpose . I bought the charcoal grate for an old smoky smoker . Fits at the charcoal grate level on a 22 inch weber . It's semi solid , and works great for a dutch oven with legs .

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Can do alot of wonderful cooks in that! Like others have said...coals under and on top...makes awesome biscuits and desserts, just like an oven. Not to mention numerous other possibilities. Just don't cut the legs off..if you want one for the stove top used ones can be found for not much money. Can't remember where I seen it but did see a guide that listed various d.o. sizes and how many briquettes to put under it and on the lid to give you comparable cooking temps. Will have to do some searching.

Happy cooking!
Ryan

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
That’s one awesome gift!! I have one of those on my wish list. I’m sure I’ll buy one soon.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.