Father’s Day present

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
My son and DIL got me a 8qt Dutch oven for Father’s Day. can’t wait to try out some cooking in it!
0B7E7431-B8F8-470B-BF25-63CB3B83BDDD.jpeg

Wonderful gift. Lots of good food in your future coming out of that Dutch oven. The legs are designed that way so you can put charcoal under it and on the lid. There are many options from breakfast to dinner and desert that can be made in one of those ovens. I’d recommend getting a lifter for the lid and if you can swing it get yourself a metal DO table. A few of our favorites are mountain man breakfast, blueberry French toast, deep dish pizza and peach cobbler. Let me know if you need any recipes and best of luck on using that great gift.

I have one with legs , and one without . Both serve a purpose . I bought the charcoal grate for an old smoky smoker . Fits at the charcoal grate level on a 22 inch weber . It's semi solid , and works great for a dutch oven with legs .

Can do alot of wonderful cooks in that! Like others have said...coals under and on top...makes awesome biscuits and desserts, just like an oven. Not to mention numerous other possibilities. Just don't cut the legs off..if you want one for the stove top used ones can be found for not much money. Can't remember where I seen it but did see a guide that listed various d.o. sizes and how many briquettes to put under it and on the lid to give you comparable cooking temps. Will have to do some searching.

Happy cooking!
Ryan

Thanks guys! Been researching lots of recipes on the 'net. And i'll probably get a DO to use stove top.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky