Father’s Day Biscuits & Gravy!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Woke up this morning and my wife asked if I would like some biscuits and gravy as she handed me a nice tall insulated iced Coke Zero with lime!!! She knows what makes me tick for sure.

Here are her hand made biscuits, I don’t know how she does it other than I know she uses the recipient from the “professional cookbook”. She weighs out all the dry ingredients...
85F29133-11F2-47B5-A3D0-E165CEDB2547.jpeg

The gravy is made with 16 oz of breakfast sausage that is seared and crumbled with a fork while cooking. Once to a medium color of sear, a 1/3C of flour and butter is added and cooked till the flour starts to turn just a bit of color. Then 3C milk 1C heavy cream is added. Be sure to stir always on mid heat from this point on. It is seasoned with 2.5-3 tsp of old bay, 1tsp rubbed sage, and S&P. Keep stirring till a very light boil and it thickens, I then put it on a very very low simmer till the biscuits are ready. If it’s more than 3 or 4 min I will add a 1/4-1/3C of cold milk to stop the cooking and keep it the right thickness.

My fav is to serve it with some sunny side eggs and a homemade raspberry jam biscuit.
8C24CC15-F5DC-418A-8107-27837F34B409.jpeg

Simple but heaven!
60296D47-565F-4831-9404-50C3BB985E25.jpeg

Pure Yolk Money!!!
4FF5F163-DDE9-4752-8FE1-831E9B2C6F0E.jpeg

My wife loves biscuits and gravy and has ordered them just about every time we've ever gone out for brekky. She told me yesterday that as long as we're going to be locked down for the rest of our lives if I really loved her I'd make biscuits and gravy for her. I hate biscuits and gravy for breakfast, maybe with a few eggs and some bacon I could tolerate it, maybe a chicken fried steak would help. I reckon I'll make a little ten pound batch of breakfast sausage, I use Rytec's recipe, works every time . I give you a Like for making your wife happy, happy wife happy life. What's the biscuit recipe? RAY

My wife loves biscuits and gravy and has ordered them just about every time we've ever gone out for brekky. She told me yesterday that as long as we're going to be locked down for the rest of our lives if I really loved her I'd make biscuits and gravy for her. I hate biscuits and gravy for breakfast, maybe with a few eggs and some bacon I could tolerate it, maybe a chicken fried steak would help. I reckon I'll make a little ten pound batch of breakfast sausage, I use Rytec's recipe, works every time . I give you a Like for making your wife happy, happy wife happy life. What's the biscuit recipe? RAY

Thanks for the like and sorry man, a good chicken fried steak is one of my favs! The I’m not a baker but the recipe is from the professional chef v7. It was a pricy purchase but well worth it!!

Nice civil . One of our favorites around here . I don't make scratch biscuits , but make some good sausage gravy . Most places I've ordered it can't come close . I like the " cold milk " trick . I'll keep that in the play book .
Perfect cook on the eggs . All runny yolk is were it's at .

Looks really good!
LIKE!
Thanks yankee! Its a tasty treat for sure!

I'm not a lover of runny eggs. But the sausage and gravy on those biscuits look excellent!
Thanks Steve, I know runny eggs aren't everyone's deal but scrambled are good to. you just miss that yolk mixed with the gravy....that is the stuff dreams are made of!

Reactions: Steve H
Nice civil . One of our favorites around here . I don't make scratch biscuits , but make some good sausage gravy . Most places I've ordered it can't come close . I like the " cold milk " trick . I'll keep that in the play book .
Perfect cook on the eggs . All runny yolk is were it's at .
Thaks Chop! yes the cold milk works really well. Otherwise it just keeps cooking and getting thicker and pretty soon it breaks and then yuck! That is pretty much what restaurant gravy is......

A runny yolk on biscuits and gravy is just ONE of those bucket list things in my book!

Looks Excellent, Civil !!!
Nice Job, by the Little Woman!!
You are Blessed!
Like.

Bear

Thanks, Bear, and you nailed that one for sure, I'm very blessed indeed! I usually like to time the gravy were I add the milk and cream exactly 7 minutes to the window on the wife's biscuits so it is done just as they go on the rack. I use the milk trick just in case they need a min or two more for the proper color.

I'd give that woman a big kiss, I love everything about that breakfast it's perfect even the beverage of choice.

I'd give that woman a big kiss, I love everything about that breakfast it's perfect even the beverage of choice.
Thanks fork and the wife says thanks too!

Love sausage and gravy too Civil. And I don't mind runny eggs either.....with this breakfast sure!

BIG LIKE!

John
Thanks John, it’s really easy but rewarding in the first bite all the way till the last bite!

Just seeing those now. Could def. dig into that!
CPA Cowboy, thanks, they don’t last long for sure!

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Yup, Give me a day or two to get the wife to write I’d down as I think she has made a few adjustments

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky