Fantastic Turkey Cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 28, 2018
Green Bay, WI
Hello all. It has been a while since I have been on the forums.

I wanted to share my turkey cook story with the group.

It was one of those Thanksgivings where the number of people slowly notch up until you have a crowded house looking for places to seat diners.

I had to make 2 turkeys in one oven so did the spatchcock technique to fit both birds into the oven. So far, so good.

I wanted my chicken to be moist, juicy, and flavorful. Just like a turkey should be.

I made the following recipe for an injection.

1 cup chicken broth
1 cup water
8 oz melted butter
1.5 T Head Country original rub (Ground to fine powder)

Mix water, chicken broth and seasoning together.
Start blending the melted butter then slowly add the water mix to the butter using an immersion blender or blender.
If you do this correctly, the butter and water will form an emulsion that will make a fantastic injection.

My niece said that this turkey was the juiciest and flavorful bird she has ever had.

The turkeys both turned out great. Fantastic flavor and very moist and juicy. I will likely never cook a turkey any other way from now on.

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky