family delight!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jsf0656

Original poster
Dec 22, 2012
south georgia
jsf, morning..... By the looks of the empty tray, it was delicious.....  
icon14.gif
 ....   Dave

I have done brats on my smoker like that. About 2 hours with Johnsonvilles.....you will be golden! PP looks great!!!!

Last edited:
thanks, i didnt hear any complaints and it was very tasty! i want to do some johnsonville sausage myself. that sounds goooooooooooooood!
drool.gif

KathrynN,

At what temp do you do the brats? And do they crisp up or split? Thanks.

KathrynN,
At what temp do you do the brats? And do they crisp up or split? Thanks.

On my smoker the temps ran about 225-230. Did them for about an hour and a half...looked and judged by the color ...they did not split. Had a great smoke ring. Wear a bib! Juices will run down your chin! They didn't split...total time was about 1 hour 45 minutes.

Last edited:
Thanks. I always grill them.  Never thought to smoke them. Sounds great. 

thank you for the comments. today i'm smoking a 4.75lb rump roast. i did the mods mentioned here on the brinkmann including putting in better lava rock, sand in the water pan, using chuncks rather than chips. i bought a cast iron smoker box to put directly on the element and included 2 charcoal briquets split into 3 pieces. it is smoking alot better and much longer. i'm using cherry wood chuncks for the roast. i also installed 2 thermometers one in the body and one in the dome lid. my temps are about 210 in the body and 180 in the dome. what a difference a weeks makes. last week it was 65 degrees outside and today its 20 degrees colder. the temps were pushing 280-300 degrees last week. i wanted to get some opinions as to whether or not i'm doing the right thing or heading in the wrong direction!

update... ok my temps have climbed to 230 in the body and 200 in the dome. i was worried that i wouldnt acheive the 220 so i guess i'm on the right path. i know that the outside temp and wind will affect the temp and it looks like the smoker has responded to the mods that i did.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky