Fall colors

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
fall colors! I’d say I thought I was going to see trees and leaves......very nice!
How’s this for leaf replacement?
50F23094-E5AF-43B6-AEB5-CD6D1173FA02.jpeg

Nice coils and like others have said , great color.
Can't be just for your sausages that you were invited back.
But what ever gets you in the door

David
Thanks David, pretty sure it’s the sausage though. Lol.
Edge, I can think of a lot of uses for that. Looks great!!
Thank you smoke. Yes this is a very versatile spicey sausage.
Yep, he click baited us in on the title. But I aint complaining, I'm just pouting cause I want some of that sausage.
Jim
Hahaaa! Made ya look Jim, thanks.
Wow...and I mean WOW!! That is some amazing looking sausage. Extremely well done. I bet a few folks are gonna be loving some of that. I know I would :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thank you Robert. Yes it will go great with all the boil fix’ns, crawfish, crab legs, potatoes, corn, onions, sausage all boiled up, paper on the table and everything dumped out on the table. I’ll get some pics of it all. Will be fantastic.
Absolutely amazing color! Big like!
Thanks much Steve,
Phenomenal!
Very kind of you, I appreciate that.
Beautiful Sausage!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thank you Bear!
Nice.....

Boykjo
Thank you sir. If anyone knows how sausage should look, it’d be you. I appreciate it.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Very nice Smokinedge..color is great!
What recipe did you use? Mix your own or pre-packaged?
What plate size for the grind?
How long did you smoke and what wood used? From the color, I'm guessing a little hickory in there.
Did you use any dark brown sugar on the fire?

I have a list of things I need to make to replenish my freezers...tasso, cajun smoke sausage, and andouille are all on the list over the next month or so. Fall weather is upon us, just need a little bit more cold.....and a good sale on butts, and I'm good to go.

Last edited:
Very nice Smokinedge..color is great!
What recipe did you use? Mix your own or pre-packaged?
What plate size for the grind?
How long did you smoke and what wood used? From the color, I'm guessing a little hickory in there.
Did you use any dark brown sugar on the fire?

I have a list of things I need to make to replenish my freezers...tasso, cajun smoke sausage, and andouille are all on the list over the next month or so. Fall weather is upon us, just need a little bit more cold.....and a good sale on butts, and I'm good to go.
Thank you Inda.
This is my own recipe.
This was 10# of pork butt. 4# was ground through the kidney plate (1/2-5/8”), 6# was through the 3/16 plate.
Smoke wood was 100% apple
No brown sugar at all.

Thank you David. This was 10#, wishing now I would have doubled it. Then again it’s smoking season, so much more to come. When you are 20’s-30’s a case of beer opens most doors. At 50, anything smoked they hold the door for you. Lol
In my 20's and early 30's I lived in Seattle region and my usual bring to a party was dungeness crab.
Only had one nose up and that was at a party that featured fresh Alaska salmon on the kamado

Reactions: SmokinEdge
In my 20's and early 30's I lived in Seattle region and my usual bring to a party was dungeness crab.
Only had one nose up and that was at a party that featured fresh Alaska salmon on the kamado
Oh crap! I’ll hold the door still today for Dungeness crab! I’ll trade, ham, bacon, sausage, pastrami, bologna, whatever for that dungeness! Excellent.
we went to Oregon a couple years ago to visit friends in Eugene. One day we drove to the coast to crab, I was pumped. The boat didn’t work out as planned, but we set traps off the dock and caught some kind of Asian invasive species like dungeness, then stopped at a stream on the way home and filled up on crayfish. To home and had one hell of a boil. Had a great time and gained a few pounds. Love it.

Thank you Inda.
This is my own recipe.
This was 10# of pork butt. 4# was ground through the kidney plate (1/2-5/8”), 6# was through the 3/16 plate.
Smoke wood was 100% apple
No brown sugar at all.
Apple will do... that will add some sweetness. Very nice color...how long did you smoke the links?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky