Fall apart Roast beast in 1 hr

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
With kids back in school I don't have much time for long smokes on the weekdays. I do have a bit of time to do a cold smoke, them a fast cook. We all know that doesn't produce fork tender roast when using a Chuck or seven bone roast.

But using my Ogallala milk can does! Cold smoked the seven bone with cherry and pecan for 45mins. Marinating now in Worchestershire and Guinness. All the liquid will get dumped in the pot. Normally is sear this guy but I'm not going to it will get a rub of sea salt and CBP.

In the pot sliced onion, 8 mashed garlic cloves, celery, carrots, and new taters.

Roast goes in on top. Once steam is popping out the lid 1 hour to fork tender dinner!!!

a0fa1bf1fe06780ffc5437b3c6eb5eea.jpg

3f21047007c6c90497eddb2fe3e8ccdc.jpg

8460ed9d9b4badf33cda7561e6ae93fa.jpg

b313a91aeb99161641296b119068a42e.jpg

Smoke away!!!

Oh this gonna be good.

Thanks Adam! Yeah this can cooker is fun to play with. Made an awesome stew a few weeks back when it was 90 degrees!!!

I'm gonna take it to my annual wooden boat camp that I host third week of September. Planning on some good smoked and can cooked meals!

Smoke away!!!

That looks so good Case.

I need to get me a can cooker.

That looks so good Case.

I need to get me a can cooker.
Adam I highly recommend the Ogallala Cream Can. They are great people to deal with and the stainless can is way better than the aluminum ones.

The one I use the most is this one the 2 1/2 gallon can. The can makes the best soups, stews and chili! 

Morning Dirt..... With the lid on the can, it probably acts similar to a pressure cooker... Maybe.... Dave

Morning Dirt..... With the lid on the can, it probably acts similar to a pressure cooker... Maybe.... Dave
Dave, that is exactly correct. Hence the safety chain connecting the lid to the pot. I've never seen one blow, but somewhere one must have before! The machining on these is so good that there is no need for a gasket, that's how tight the lid fits!

Thanks Disco! Hope you're smoking something tasty in your Mini this weekend!
Nope. I have just finished doing quite a bit of travelling (visiting the in-laws, happy happy joy joy). I have been back a couple of days and have;

made two batches of salsa,

started a batch of plum port,

started a batch of peach port,

bottled a 5 gallon batch of wine,

put 9 pounds of pork loin in brine for maple bacon,

put 5 pounds of pork loin in brine for pepper bacon

and put 4 pounds in brine for a ham.

Tomorrow I make zucchini mustard relish. After that, I might get a smoke in.

I need to get a job. This retirement is killing me.

Disco

Nope. I have just finished doing quite a bit of travelling (visiting the in-laws, happy happy joy joy). I have been back a couple of days and have;

made two batches of salsa,

started a batch of plum port,

started a batch of peach port,

bottled a 5 gallon batch of wine,

put 9 pounds of pork loin in brine for maple bacon,

put 5 pounds of pork loin in brine for pepper bacon

and put 4 pounds in brine for a ham.

Tomorrow I make zucchini mustard relish. After that, I might get a smoke in.

Disco
Geezzzzzzz!!! That's a bunch of work! I'll be looking for your Bacon and ham Smokes!

Disco

After I lost my job of 23 years, because of the Japan tsunami destroying the resort I worked at, it took me a couple of months to get a similar job and it was harder to be out of work than to be working!

Case, how did the smoke flavor hold up after the stewing phase? I've been thinking about doing a smoked stew...

I won't be smoking anything this week either. Way too busy! I have to teach a soccer referee course tonite and will be refereeing all day tomorrow.

After I lost my job of 23 years, because of the Japan tsunami destroying the resort I worked at, it took me a couple of months to get a similar job and it was harder to be out of work than to be working!

Case, how did the smoke flavor hold up after the stewing phase? I've been thinking about doing a smoked stew...

I won't be smoking anything this week either. Way too busy! I have to teach a soccer referee course tonite and will be refereeing all day tomorrow.

The smoke flavor holds up great. I do the cold smoke all the time for roasts and stews. Which this can makes awesome stew...

Do you referee adult, kids or both? My friend in Waimae plays in a soccer league.

The smoke flavor holds up great. I do the cold smoke all the time for roasts and stews. Which this can makes awesome stew...

Do you referee adult, kids or both? My friend in Waimae plays in a soccer league.

I do both. Although I haven't done a men's league game for a while now; they play Sunday morn and that's the only day I get to sleep in...

I've done high school games but won't do college games.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky