F. Dick 30 lb. stuffer parts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Clem3

Original poster
Jan 6, 2022
I have a very old F. DIck 30lb. stuffer that has a bad canister. is there some place that I could get a stainless steel canister for it?

Wow, over $1,100.

Depending on the damage I'd see if a local fab shop could cut out the bad area and weld in a new section.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Wow, over $1,100.

Depending on the damage I'd see if a local fab shop could cut out the bad area and weld in a new section.
I did silver solder it myself so it can be used. The only problem I see is that originally regular solder was used to attach it to the cylinder and most likely lead based solder was used at that time being as old as it is.

Wow, over $1,100.

I did silver solder it my self so I can still use it. A new Hakka of other brand is never going to be as good as this old one. The biggest problem I see is that when I heated it to silver solder it some of the old original solder melted out. I am thinking that it was soldered originally with lead based solder. I don't know if that is a problem or not. I don't know if the new SS steel ones are the same. Mine is 7.5 inches inside and 21 inches long with a ear on each side on the bottom to hold it in the frame.

I did silver solder it my self so I can still use it. A new Hakka of other brand is never going to be as good as this old one. The biggest problem I see is that when I heated it to silver solder it some of the old original solder melted out. I am thinking that it was soldered originally with lead based solder. I don't know if that is a problem or not. I don't know if the new SS steel ones are the same. Mine is 7.5 inches inside and 21 inches long with a ear on each side on the bottom to hold it in the frame.
I recently purchased a 12L F Dick with some rust on the pot and base b I was going to use electrolysis to remove this. Does anybody know electrolysis would be bad for lead solder? Or i F Dick indeed did use lead? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20230609_081238653.jpg
    IMG_20230609_081238653.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230609_081222596.jpg
    IMG_20230609_081222596.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20230609_081215718.jpg
    IMG_20230609_081215718.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 11
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky