Eye Round in my Sous Vide Supreme

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have smoked & IPed several eye of rounds. Always great flavor, but so many were full of grizzle. Does sous vide soften the grizzle, or do you just have better beef up there. I usually buy choice angus.

I think you're thinking about Chuck Roast, because I have never had any Gristle in any Eye Rounds. Eye Rounds are very lean, but no gristle.
Some of Chuck Roasts are loaded with gristle, and SV for about 48 hours takes care of that.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: floridasteve
Looks great Bear! I learned about using eye jere for lunchmeat and our boys love it as do I. I pulled one out of the freezer yesterday to smoke.

Dang John, that first open faced sanny slathered in gravy has me wanting to crack out the sous vide, nice work! RAY

I think you're thinking about Chuck Roast, because I have never had any Gristle in any Eye Rounds. Eye Rounds are very lean, but no gristle.
Some of Chuck Roasts are loaded with gristle, and SV for about 48 hours takes care of that.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
Thanks for the reply, but I’m sure they were all eye of round, and several. Ive learned if I slice them very this they’re okay for sandwiches, but it’s not unusual to have to pull a strand of gristle from between your teeth. You must have better meat then we do in Florida. 😄 I guess I’ll have to try one again!

Looks great Bear! I learned about using eye jere for lunchmeat and our boys love it as do I. I pulled one out of the freezer yesterday to smoke.

Thank You!!
I just did another one of these, but we've been eating it cold with Horseradish & Cheese, replacing the expensive Roast Beef from the Deli "$14 to $18 per pound".
Make awesome Sammies---Hot or Cold!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: jcam222
Thank You!!
I just did another one of these, but we've been eating it cold with Horseradish & Cheese, replacing the expensive Roast Beef from the Deli "$14 to $18 per pound".
Make awesome Sammies---Hot or Cold!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
Man the lunch meat in general is crazy now but the roast beef for sure! I’m keeping an eye out for more specials on eye of round.

Man the lunch meat in general is crazy now but the roast beef for sure! I’m keeping an eye out for more specials on eye of round.
Thank You!!!
Yup, My idea of a special price on Eye Round has moved up to "Under $5"
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky