Eye Round in my Sous Vide Supreme

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA

This was about a 3 pound “Half Eye Round @ about $3 a pound.
So I bagged it along with a pack of “Lipton Mushroom/Onion Soup Dry Mix”.
I put that in my Sous Vide Supreme, set @ 132°, along with 3 small slices of frozen leftover Prime Rib, for Supper. (Not pictured)

After 4 hours @ 132° I removed the Prime Rib slices from the SV. Then I topped the water off with Hot from my spigot @ about 120°.
We added some Mashed Taters with Butter, and some Broccoli for the first night’s Supper.
When I removed the Prime Rib from the SV, that dropped the Water Temp from 132° down to 104°, but it only took it 12 minutes to get it back up to 134.7°, and another 3 minutes to level off at 132° again.
Then the next day, at the end of 30 hours, I removed the Big Old Eye Round from the Hot Tub, and put it in a big bowl of Ice Water, and into the fridge.
Then the Next day, I put the Eye Round in the freezer for 3 hours.

Then onto the slicer & sliced the whole thing up for Supper & many, Beef Sammies to come.
I’ll add some “Splainin’ to the Pics below.

Hope You all enjoy this one—I sure Did,

Bear

Half of a Beef Eye Round (3 pounds): Juice from the SV bag in glass, for Gravy:
IMG_8325.JPG

Slicing Thin for Sammies:
IMG_8326.JPG

Closer Look:
IMG_8327.JPG

Heating some up in a bowl:
IMG_8328.JPG

Starting a Sammy with a Beef & Gravy Base:
IMG_8329.JPG

Then 2 slices of Bread & more Beef on top:
IMG_8330.JPG

Then more gravy, another slice of Bread, and more Gravy on Top, for Bear's Supper:
IMG_8331.JPG

Nuking some more Beef slices, around the perimeter of a bowl, for a Bear-Beef Sammy:
IMG_8332.JPG

Horseradish Sauce on a Kaiser Roll:
IMG_8333.JPG

Beef & American Cheese:
IMG_8334.JPG

And a slice of Provolone & melted, and some Stackers Pickles, for another Bear Supper:
IMG_8336.JPG

And One More, of The Same!!
IMG_8338.JPG

For The Road to The Den:
IMG_8340.JPG

Looks excellent John. I'm a huge fan of open faced sammies.

Point for sure
Chris

looks great John

I could go for a couple of those right now.
Cold and raining hard here . Just finished power washing the dock

And that open/closed sandwich with the hot gravy ....Wheres my fork and knife

David

Looks great John! You've got those sandwiches down to an art form. Excellent all around.

Looks excellent John. I'm a huge fan of open faced sammies.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank You Chris!!
When I was a Kid, this was the only thing I ever ordered in restaurants.
It was also the cheapest meal on the Menu.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

looks great John

I could go for a couple of those right now.
Cold and raining hard here . Just finished power washing the dock

And that open/closed sandwich with the hot gravy ....Wheres my fork and knife

David
Thank You David!!
It's almost always raining here!!
And Thanks for the Like
BTW: No Knife Needed.

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nothing’ better than sliced beef on bread. That’s what every belly needs to be happy.
Thank You Sven!!
Yup---I know My Belly Loves Hot Roast Beef Sammies!!
Always Has!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Last edited:
I'm a bit late to the party Bear, but you just can't beat a good roast beef sandwich...ever. Best out there. No doubt doing it in the SV the meat was super tender and flavorful. Well done sir.

Robert

I'm a bit late to the party Bear, but you just can't beat a good roast beef sandwich...ever. Best out there. No doubt doing it in the SV the meat was super tender and flavorful. Well done sir.

Robert
Thank You Robert !!
You're right, as good as a Roast Beef Sammy is, the SV makes them even better!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

This was about a 3 pound “Half Eye Round @ about $3 a pound.
So I bagged it along with a pack of “Lipton Mushroom/Onion Soup Dry Mix”.
I put that in my Sous Vide Supreme, set @ 132°, along with 3 small slices of frozen leftover Prime Rib, for Supper. (Not pictured)

After 4 hours @ 132° I removed the Prime Rib slices from the SV. Then I topped the water off with Hot from my spigot @ about 120°.
We added some Mashed Taters with Butter, and some Broccoli for the first night’s Supper.
When I removed the Prime Rib from the SV, that dropped the Water Temp from 132° down to 104°, but it only took it 12 minutes to get it back up to 134.7°, and another 3 minutes to level off at 132° again.
Then the next day, at the end of 30 hours, I removed the Big Old Eye Round from the Hot Tub, and put it in a big bowl of Ice Water, and into the fridge.
Then the Next day, I put the Eye Round in the freezer for 3 hours.

Then onto the slicer & sliced the whole thing up for Supper & many, Beef Sammies to come.
I’ll add some “Splainin’ to the Pics below.

Hope You all enjoy this one—I sure Did,

Bear

Half of a Beef Eye Round (3 pounds): Juice from the SV bag in glass, for Gravy:
View attachment 632077

Slicing Thin for Sammies:
View attachment 632078

Closer Look:
View attachment 632079

Heating some up in a bowl:
View attachment 632080

Starting a Sammy with a Beef & Gravy Base:
View attachment 632081

Then 2 slices of Bread & more Beef on top:
View attachment 632082

Then more gravy, another slice of Bread, and more Gravy on Top, for Bear's Supper:
View attachment 632083

Nuking some more Beef slices, around the perimeter of a bowl, for a Bear-Beef Sammy:
View attachment 632084

Horseradish Sauce on a Kaiser Roll:
View attachment 632087

Beef & American Cheese:
View attachment 632088

And a slice of Provolone & melted, and some Stackers Pickles, for another Bear Supper:
View attachment 632090

And One More, of The Same!!
View attachment 632092

For The Road to The Den:
View attachment 632093
I have smoked & IPed several eye of rounds. Always great flavor, but so many were full of grizzle. Does sous vide soften the grizzle, or do you just have better beef up there. I usually buy choice angus.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky