Eye of Round & Artichoke Frittata

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great looking meal. We stuff the big Globe Artichokes with a Garlic, Parm Reggiano and Breadcrumb Stuffing. I fill between each leaf and a dose down the center. Unfortunately, Artichokes are not popular in my area, too few Italians, and we never see them anymore.
I will have to have my Wife search out the Frozen Hearts and Bottoms. Your Frittata would be a nice addition to a meal.
FYI...Two identical Pans makes flipping a breeze. A restaurant trick...JJ

Reactions: sawhorseray
Great looking meal. We stuff the big Globe Artichokes with a Garlic, Parm Reggiano and Breadcrumb Stuffing. I fill between each leaf and a dose down the center. Unfortunately, Artichokes are not popular in my area, too few Italians, and we never see them anymore. I will have to have my Wife search out the Frozen Hearts and Bottoms. Your Frittata would be a nice addition to a meal. FYI...Two identical Pans makes flipping a breeze. A restaurant trick...JJ

Thanks Jimmy! I've got two identical 10" pans that I've tried to do that maneuver with before, not being experienced it didn't work as well for me just doing what I already knew how to do, the dinner plate makes a nice snug fit. I buy the artichoke hearts in the frozen food section of Trader Joes grocery stores, about $3.20 for a 12oz bag. RAY

Thanks Jimmy! I've got two identical 10" pans that I've tried to do that maneuver with before, not being experienced it didn't work as well for me just doing what I already knew how to do, the dinner plate makes a nice snug fit. I buy the artichoke hearts in the frozen food section of Trader Joes grocery stores, about $3.20 for a 12oz bag. RAY
Will be stopping at TJ tonight for this

Thanks Ray...bookmarking this. :emoji_thumbsup:

John

OK Ray, I somewhat copied you today. Bottom round smoked previously to 110 deg, then into the SV for 21 hours @ 132 deg with a pan sear. Made the Frittata like you except I do not have a cast Iron pan or a pan that was of size so I cooked the onions and artichokes separately then into a glass pan and into a 350 deg oven, flipped (per your way) and cooked off the other side. Was very good although my proportions were too heavy on the artichoke.

I can see many derivatives using other veggies in future frittatas. Thanks for the idea!
round and frattata1.JPG
round and frattata2.JPG
round and frattata3.JPG
round and frattata4.JPG
smoking.JPG

Wow, that's a gorgeous looking plate clifish! The frittata looks perfect to my eye, you made a great adjustment on the fly, and the beef appears to be spot on. I make frittatas with zucchini and mushrooms among other combos that I like, it's a nice way to change things up. Glad you liked the recipe, Like. RAY

Reactions: clifish
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky