Extended Shelf Life

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

NovaKane09

Original poster
Jun 7, 2019
Newark, TX
So I've made jerky multiple times. Thrown together marinades, pre made 'jerky' seasoning, and bottled meat marinades. I've found 1 particular bottled marinade that I absolutely love. I keep it refrigerated for the short time it lasts in the house because I know it didn't have an actual cure to it. However, I'm looking for a way to extend the shelf life of this particular recipe, be it by a pre seasoning with curing salt or some other way.I ask because I want to give my jerky as gifts this Christmas. I'm open to suggestions for great marinade as well

What marinade is it? Who makes it? I might want to try it. As to your question:
Looks like Jimmy has the answer on that.

Reactions: NovaKane09
It's called the Salt Lick All Around meat marinade. Found it at H*E*B. It gives a great flavor with being overly salty and soy-like. That was my issue with recipes, too much soy, not letting the beef flavor come through.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky