Exotic Wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meat hunter

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hello all. Just thought I'd share this bit of info with you. Years ago, when I was stationed in Hawaii, we had a flight operations manager who would do monthly cookouts. Usually whole pig or chicken. I was in charge of gathering the wood and I tell ya, if you ever go to Hawaii, look for it. I dont know if Im spelling this right, but its call Kieave ( Key-ahh-vay). Burns very hot but does not burn fast and has a smoke flavor that you cant describe. I dont know if they sell it in the stores as I always had to find it around the old abandonded air base. But if you ever go, or know someone there, try to bring some back.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky