1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

ET-73 data to a laptop

Discussion in 'Meat Thermometers' started by 357mag, Aug 29, 2010.

1. meateater

meateater Legendary Pitmaster SMF Premier Member

I had a brainstorn! Get a wireless security camera and point it at the smoker on the sending unit of a ET-7. Now you have computer access of your temps. This is about as geekey as I get. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Actually, I think that is what I am going to do.

3. dick foster

dick foster Smoking Fanatic

Having help start then more or less retiring from this company and still holding on to some of it's stock. http://www.ovt.com/

I like that idea one hell of a lot. LOL

4. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

Awesome idea meateater!

Always thinking!
    All that consumption of pulled pork & beef didn't slow your brain waves a bit![​IMG]

Bear

5. dick foster

I thought that helped to build brain cells, or was it fat cells? Oh well.

6. meateater

meateater Legendary Pitmaster SMF Premier Member

Your both wrong, it's gut cells. They tell me I'm out of shape, I keep telling them round is a shape. [​IMG]

7. geek with fire

geek with fire Master of the Pit OTBS Member

if you really want to do this, ditch the oven probes and go with a thermocouple.  Go to www.phidgets.com.  Buy their USB to thermocouple controller.  Go to www.thermoworks.com and buy the best thermocouple you can afford.  If you do both of these things, I know a good programmer who would write you a program for free.

8. dick foster

I think he would be even further behind than using the camera approach.  

9. jstanford

jstanford Fire Starter

isn't there an app for that yet?