End Of Season Prime Rib Feast (Tons Of Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great to have you back Robert, and your post did not disappoint. Absolute perfection on the prime rib and the sides look heavenly! Looks like it was a wonderful meal

Fantastic, my son's 33 birthday is sunday and he asked for prime rib, i will copy your implementation for sure. And all of the sides look awesome as well.

Great looking feast there.
But what happened to the back rib bones?
Thank you Steve. The ribs are vac sealed and in the freezer. Thinking about doing something fun with them in the forum. A little contest of sorts and the winner gets the ribs. They are pretty darned good when smoked. Here is a pic of a rack that TNJAKE TNJAKE smoked last year at the TN gathering he hosted. These were amazing!!
024.jpg

Robert

Prime perfection Robert, doesn't get better than that, nice work! RAY
Thanks very much my friend. I've lucked into a couple of successful roast cooks the past several months. Just glad this one came out well. Would have been embarrassing to botch it up with all the people here :emoji_laughing:

Robert

I myself don't care for the end of the summer season, as it means putting away all the fun things
and we had to put it away couple weeks early because of the hurricane that hit this area
Appreciate the kind words David. I know we live in different climates but "end of Summer" here only means no more pool time. We get to enjoy the outdoors pretty much year round.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
You didn't lose your touch. Wonderful looking meal Robert.
Thanks so much Chris. It came out pretty well. Subtle flavors from the marinade and a light smokiness were the perfect flavor nuances.

Robert

Holy smoked PR Batman! That pic of the cutting board…. Slice after slice presented and there still 1/2 a roast left to slice!

Very nice looking plate there!!!!
I cut a slice for each person minus a couple in case they wanted the other end cut or a larger / smaller slice. Didn't weigh the PR after prepping it but I'd guess in was in the 14-16 pound range. The leftovers got shaved thin the next day for roast beef sandwiches.

Robert

Reactions: civilsmoker
That’s a feast for sure!! Prime rib just right for my taste. I really need to do some soon.

. I know we live in different climates but "end of Summer" here only means no more pool time.

Yes you are right Robert we do , and I enjoy the outside here most of the time , until it is icy, snowy, windy, dark and dreary.
Because after driving and working in it all day , I just want to get in and get warm, lol

as for the summer shut down , we would have had about another 3-4 weeks before pulling in the docks and furniture , but with the hurricane headed our way had to shut down early this year and glad we did it was a S**T show for sure.

David

I am going to look into one that is a heater/chiller to keep the temps at about 86 all summer.
I had the pad for the pool equipment poured large enough and all the plumbing set up s it'd be easy to install a heat pump (heat or cool) but as often as I have to add water to the pool in the Summer, it doesn't get a chance to go above 86 or 87 so we have not really had the need for the cooling aspect. A bit of heat could extend our swimming season by a few weeks but we don't see that it's really worth it right now. I may add one later

Robert

What a Spread, Robert!!
And a Fantastic Prime Rib you got there---Perfect!!
Nice Job, as always!!
Thank you my friend. I've been trying recently do cook the roasts in true Bearcarver fashion and maintain that beautiful edge to edge pink. Your PR posts are still inspiring buddy!!

Robert

Great to have you back Robert, and your post did not disappoint. Absolute perfection on the prime rib and the sides look heavenly! Looks like it was a wonderful meal
Thanks very much Tyler. Was nice to put the meal together and to have it come out in a manner worthy of posting here. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into cooking full swing here pretty soon.

Robert

Fantastic, my son's 33 birthday is sunday and he asked for prime rib, i will copy your implementation for sure. And all of the sides look awesome as well.
Happy birthday to your son!! I'm honored that you find the meal noteworthy and appreciate the kind words. Truth be told though, my adaptation was inspired by our good friend Bearcarver Bearcarver He is the PR master and I just followed suite behind what he has posted.

Robert

Nicely done my friend!
Thanks buddy. Was nice to be able to enjoy good meal and company of some really good friends. I'm just glad it came out well. I'd have hated to botch this one with all these people here having high expectations :emoji_wink:

Robert

Another great cook by Robert only one thing missing I can see and that's me. Awesome jester by your friends as said to make that a complete meal.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky