Electric burner question.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nothing to add to your setup except maybe some heat shielding down near the burners.  I have managed to get a foil-lined tight-box set-up to 140F using heat lamps (for drying dirt samples)...but the burners you have seem that they would be easier to set/maintain a temperature.  With the heat lamps we had on/off choices...no in-between.

I use a single burner countertop model and put a small cast iron skillet on it with a big chunk of wood. Plenty of smoke and heat. My brother sent me an old PID he bought from a cheesemaker supply company that just has an outlet on the back that I'm going to try next instead of having to fiddle with the control knob.

I converted two Big Chief smokers similar to what Pete did by installing a couple 1100 watt counter top burners and then plug them each into a PID controller.  Very easy to operate.  Very hands off.

I have a setup like yours; I raise the heat by raising the burner. Cut a piece of plywood to fit snugly and put it on blocks to reduce the size of the box to the point your heat is right.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky