Egg Yolks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
I have been eating eggs for a long time and have never seen yolks like this before. They are very milky looking like watered down yellow.

Is anyone else seeing this from store bought eggs lately? Makes me wonder if they are from this country.

egg whites.jpg

Just curious.

Last edited:
From what im reading it seems to be caused by their diet and reading thru the words it looks like cheaper feed is to blame.

Cant wait for our chickens to start laying in the next 2-4 weeks.

For those without access to farm fresh eggs, look for other small grocers that sell more organic foods. We have a Natural Grocers, you may not have one near you, but I’m guessing there will be something close to it. Here they sell free range eggs from Amish/Mennonite family farms located in IA, TX, CA, LA, WA. These eggs are $6.00 for 18 pack, brown shells with tight whites and orange yokes. They also carry a good selection of GF items. Worth a look around for sure.

https://www.naturalgrocers.com/

Actually I have seen the price come down,
Same here . It's starting to cycle . The store my Son works at just lowered prices on over 400 items . Around a dollar per item .
Eggs came down a week ago . They carry local farm products , and eggs or one of them .
I but my eggs at GFS . Grade A large 30 count is $7.99 . They were up around $11.00 . Good eggs .

For those without access to farm fresh eggs, look for other small grocers that sell more organic foods. We have a Natural Grocers, you may not have one near you, but I’m guessing there will be something close to it. Here they sell free range eggs from Amish/Mennonite family farms located in IA, TX, CA, LA, WA. These eggs are $6.00 for 18 pack, brown shells with tight whites and orange yokes. They also carry a good selection of GF items. Worth a look around for sure.

https://www.naturalgrocers.com/
That's where we mostly shop back home in MN.
We buy NG eggs if the local producers are not getting a good crop.

Closest we found in FL is
Give them a try bmudd14474 bmudd14474

My wife prefers unwashed from the local producers, too.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
unwashed eggs last longer I have read, I would think before cracking them they would get a wash so no xtra stuff hit the skillet lol

Reactions: Retired Spook
After thinking about it those were fro. Sams club. Got into some costco ones and they are normal.

Can't wait for our chickens to lay

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky