• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Educational links

deer meat

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 8, 2006
Thanks tsulcoski,

I have been looking for something like this. A while ago I stumbled across a web site that had color charts that you put in a 3 ring binder.
They pictured all the different cuts of meat and what they were called, and what part of the animal they come from.

The problem is I can't find the site again :(

maybe sombody on here will recognize my sorry description of these charts. :oops:

tsulcoski

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 12, 2006
DEER MEAT

Do a GOOGLE search for -------- retail cuts chart

Fill in the------- with the species you would like, beef, chicken, pork,lamb and you should be able to get what you need. I checked out the beef but not the others
Trevor

buddy

StickBurners
Joined Jun 12, 2006
Heres another one. www.angus.org
They have a beef chart that is really good. Its a fold out that fits in a three ring binder , or I think they have a poster size also. I e-mailed
them and they sent me one for free.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Boy, do those charts bring back memories!! Thanks for sharing those posts. Another one is www.askthemeatman.com .

deer meat

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 8, 2006
Hi Dutch,

It just so happens that is the site I found before, and is the one I was looking for.

Thanks

dear meat

vin

Joined Oct 9, 2007
Thanks for the resource, I'm new to smoking and I'm looking forward to educating myself more and more. This web-site has a good list of different cuts and techniques, thanks again.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.