Editing Older Threads

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have seen the keyboard issue and have reported it. Yes this is new about the editing and yes its permanent for now. That being said I am open for discussion on the topic. The reason we did it was there were members that were going back and deleteing stuff from threads making them garbled and not making sense so we set a limit that after so much time it can't be changed unless a mod does it. Send me a PM with your thoughts and we will consider a possible change to it.
guess people can figure out the PM thing

This is getting bad here. We now have turmoil between admin and mods.Its bad enough that there seems to be a split amongst members. Now mods seem to be splitting. You would think mods/admin would handle things in pm to show unity on the forum. Come on guys, be better people than all this. Don’t allow one or a few people to ruin things. If you wanna be upset, be upset that someone would do something that would cause this to happen.

Reactions: DanMcG
smokin peachey smokin peachey
I sent a PM as requested with my thoughts on the matter.

The thread is still open and calm, matter of fact discussion is taking place.
I see no turmoil between Admin and Mods, nor anyone else in this thread.

As for elsewhere in the forums it seems for the most part likewise.

I've no idea about Chat though, which seems to have caused some annoyance to both a very limited number of the membership and Admin/Mods.
Seems to me that as long as nothing more spills over from Chat to forums everything will be kosher.

I hope everything stays pretty copasetic.

Last edited:
I've no idea about Chat though, which seems to have caused some annoyance to both limited membership and Admin/Mods.
I sure would like to know where this info is coming from.
I've been chatting for years and sometimes some peoples feelings get hurt, but it's no different then hanging out with your friends in the local tavern. It's mostly just havin a laugh or two and seeing what every one is up too.
ya don't need thick skin to be in chat like mentioned above.

Reactions: flatbroke
smokin peachey smokin peachey
I sent a PM as requested with my thoughts on the matter.

The thread is still open and calm, matter of fact discussion is taking place.
I see no turmoil between Admin and Mods, nor anyone else in this thread.

As for elsewhere in the forums it seems for the most part likewise.

I've no idea about Chat though, which seems to have caused some annoyance to both a very limited number of the membership and Admin/Mods.
Seems to me that as long as nothing more spills over from Chat to forums everything will be kosher.

I hope everything stays pretty copasetic.
I hope so as well. And jsyk I haven’t seen this discussed in chat. At least not while I was on which hasn’t been much today. Also jsyk I wasn’t referring to you not sending a pm. I am choosing not to name names because I feel that is not in the best interest of the forum. I’ll try to state my opinion clearer.
Admin felt it necessary to make a change. That’s a bummer but I can understand why it happened.
I am sorry the whole thing got you bummed out bud.
Are you smoking anything over the Labor Day weekend? Thanks for keeping America moving via the semi you drive! Truck drivers are definitely under appreciated.

I've been chatting for years and sometimes some peoples feelings get hurt, but it's no different then hanging out with your friends in the local tavern. It's mostly just havin a laugh or two and seeing what every one is up too.
Totally agree with you Dan. I’ve had a lot of good times in chat over the years. I don’t understand some of the claimed problems either but to each there own. I understand it’s not for everyone. Kinda like ice cream many flavors. Some like one more than others.

A recent post in the forums, it is acknowledged by the Admin themselves.
And apparently it has spilt over here and there in one way or another.
I really don't care about Chat as I don't use it.

I still don't see a split or turmoil between the Admin/Staff/Mods.
That one has me scratching my head asif there were, I'd think it'd be swept under the rug with a quickness.

I hope so as well. And jsyk I haven’t seen this discussed in chat. At least not while I was on which hasn’t been much today. Also jsyk I wasn’t referring to you not sending a pm. I am choosing not to name names because I feel that is not in the best interest of the forum. I’ll try to state my opinion clearer.
Admin felt it necessary to make a change. That’s a bummer but I can understand why it happened.
I am sorry the whole thing got you bummed out bud.
Are you smoking anything over the Labor Day weekend? Thanks for keeping America moving via the semi you drive! Truck drivers are definitely under appreciated.
No worries Peachey, I'm not one to take everything personally, just addressing your comment for myself.
Changing the ability for ALL of us to edit any threads older than 9 days does bum me out, apparently it affects others too, probably many more as they realize the change has been made.
That a very few can cause such change is very annoying.
I'll get over it one way or another I'm sure, but for now I'm gonna voice my displeasure and hope that it can be changed.

Hope your Labor Day is a good one.
Not smoking this weekend, but definitely cooking, thanks... Thread to come later tomorrow.
Thanks for the thoughts on us truckers, much like my recent thanks to one of our Farmers without whom we'd starve and more.

No worries Peachey, I'm not one to take everything personally, just addressing your comment for myself.
Changing the ability for ALL of us to edit any threads older than 9 days does bum me out, apparently it affects others too, probably many more as they realize the change has been made.
That a very few can cause such change is very annoying.
I'll get over it one way or another I'm sure, but for now I'm gonna voice my displeasure and hope that it can be changed.

Hope your Labor Day is a good one.
Not smoking this weekend, but definitely cooking, thanks... Thread to come later tomorrow.
Thanks for the thoughts on us truckers, much like my recent thanks to one of our Farmers without whom we'd starve and more.
I agree farmers and truck drivers are essential to survival. Can you imagine if they all took a weeks vacation on the same week?

Be a helluva lot of empty store's shelves for sure.
Your average grocery store would be empty in three days if not restocked.
And that's with normal shopping, no runs on items due to any sort of panic.
A panic can do it in one day if not a few hours.

So this change has been years in the making not just one or 2 things recently. We have had lots of data compromised or made useless when people get their butts on their shoulders.

So far I have received 1 pm on it thats it. I think Al put up a response that had a suggestion in it.

So to sum it up there are no real suggestions for fixing the issue other than just let us do what we want. I am turning my wheels to try to figure out a happy medium. It may not happen as fast as some want but we will work on it.

Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread civilized

Hey Brian could you make it so if someone wants to edit a post they could pm a mod and ask to edit it or will that be to much work for the mods? Once again thanks for all you do.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing I would need, is if I find pictures are gone again, I would like to be able to edit, when I get a chance to replace them.
As far as correcting the occasional Misspelling I find, I guess I could leave it alone, but it makes me mad if I can't fix it, because since I'm the only one who typed my own posts, everybody would know who the Dummy was who did the misspelling in the first place!!!

And I haven't seen any "Split" anywhere---Seems just like a peaceful discussion to me.

Personally, I still don't see why it wouldn't be OK for an OP to be able to edit his Post #1 in his own Thread.---ONLY Post #1. Not any of his follow-up posts.

Bear

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, the only thing I would need, is if I find pictures are gone again, I would like to be able to edit, when I get a chance to replace them.
As far as correcting the occasional Misspelling I find, I guess I could leave it alone, but it makes me mad if I can't fix it, because since I'm the only one who typed my own posts, everybody would know who the Dummy was who did the misspelling in the first place!!!

And I haven't seen any "Split" anywhere---Seems just like a peaceful discussion to me.

Personally, I still don't see why it wouldn't be OK for an OP to be able to edit his Post #1 in his own Thread.---ONLY Post #1. Not any of his follow-up posts.

Bear
John the OP has been the one in the past that has damaged the threads

I am looking into an option where we can give permissions to let someone edit if they message us. Stay tuned.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky